Monday 17 March 2014

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Uncle Ray & Christine's Wedding




Wing Cousins

Wing Cousins with Nanny Wing





Pork & Jelly Fish

Scallops, Seaweed & Lettuc

Bird's Nest with Scallops, Mushrooms, Asparagus & Carrots

Crap Meat & Prawn Balls

Shark Fin Soup

Lobster!!

Lobster each!!

Duck's feet with veg

Duck

Fish

Sticky Rice

Chicken

Noodles



Cookies & Red bean in pastry

Red Bean Sweet Soup





Wedding Cake




The Menu








Dress - Diamond by Julien Macdonald Debenhams
Necklace - Mum's
Heels - Carvela Kurt Geiger

Congratulations to uncle Ray who is finally married!! Last one out of my dad's 3 brothers to be married! (He's the youngest, my dad is second oldest)

The marriage bit happened in a small room in St George's Hall & then we went to Tai Pan Restaurant to have our meal which consisted of 15 different dishes as you can see with 2 being soups! So stuffed after! The one course we were all waiting for was lobster & we couldn't believe we were getting one each! It was so good! Chinese love their fine food especially meat & seafood as you can see, sadly not for you if you're vegetarian or don't like fish cos you're missing out! 

Christine got changed 4 times, the last outfit there isn't a picture as it was what she wore to leave the restaurant to go home in. 
I wanted to get a long dress but I kinda regret wearing a long dress as I had to wear it all morning whilst doing my hair & make up otherwise I wouldn't be able to get it on so was having to carry it all around the house which was a pain same with going to the toilet! Not sure whether I want to wear a long dress again! Also I don't really like my dress but it was too late to find another!

The day went so fast I was up at 8:15am for my mum to do my make up & my hair which took a while as we used 2 curlers. Curled held it in while my mum did another bit then swapped. We left the house at 11:15am to go to St George's then left & got to the restaurant at 3. Was home by 8:45pm as everyone had work, school, uni etc but there was no after party sadly but if there was would've been better if it wasn't Sunday.
The weather wasn't great windy & cloudy compared to last Sunday where the sky was blue & the sun was shining like it was properly Spring! But at least it didn't rain so I guess it wasn't all that bad.

If this wedding was in China it would last for days & would be so much bigger with so much more food! If you ever get a chance to go to a Chinese wedding you should jump at the chance to!

Julie
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment