Friday 28 March 2014

Thank you Carmex UK!


I would like to say thank you to Carmex UK* as I won these two lovely lip balms from their Facebook Mother's Day Competition! All I was like the posts they said to like & I was 1 of 5 winners chosen! I've never won anything before & didn't think I would have chance at all to win since they had 1000s of likes on the posts! If you have me on Facebook you'll see I always like & share competitions & post photos.. I haven't posted a status in over a year! Now I've finally won something!

I've never bought Carmex but I have used it. I think it's a bit pricey even though I've heard it's good but still don't think it's worth the price tag. So I guess now I can see what the all the fuss is about & I might be convinced! I think the idea of the competition is to give them to my mum as it was a mother's day competition but I think I'm going to keep them for myself.. Oops also don't think my mum would appreciate them that much if she knew I won them & didn't actually pay for them!

Talking of Mother's Day I shall be spending the day working with my mum serving other people's mum's. Not how either of us would want to spend it lets be honest but I guess it's better to be earning the money rather than spending it. I haven't bought my mum anything but I'm planning on giving her money towards a new bag as I know she wants one but I don't want to buy her one cos I know she probably won't like it so giving her money is the easiest solution.

I'm currently still so behind with my uni work & yet to complete a chapter of my dissertation & time is badly running out I want to turn back time but instead it's going forward this weekend which makes things even worse! 

Last night we had our finalist night at uni which is meant to be a bit of a party even though we've still got 2 months left of uni & haven't finished any work doesn't make sense at all. Anyway everyone on the course & lecturers was invited but hardly anyone turned up! It was  in the foyer of one of the buildings (not really a party venue at all) just my group of friends 10 of us some others & the student reps, only a couple of lecturers, some office staff so it was a really bad turn out... But that was a good thing for us cos there was more food & drink for us! There was sandwiches (they had smoked salmon!! I was loving it!) Fancy cupcakes, fruit over ripe squishy pears, apples, plums, tangerines, apple, orange, 1 carton of cranberry juice, wine & bottles of Peroni beer. There was a quiz which had a photo round, Liverpool related, Sociology related & news related questions. I am super competitive so wanted to win & my team came 3rd! The lectures won... So really we came 2nd! The lecturers didn't want their prize so it was donated to us, a Lindt gold bunny! Cos there was so much food left they told us to take it home with us, I took to cakes which were squashed under 2 plates, 4 plums & 2 bottles of Peroni. But I left my cakes & plums in Megan's bag when we went to the pub! Some of us went to the pub that's on our uni campus after with 2 of the lecturers & office staff. It was actually I pretty good night I enjoyed myself even though I knew I should have been at home doing work!

* I was in no way sponsored to do this post I've not made it that big yet! I just wanted to say thank you & was shocked that I won something!

Julie
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment