Wednesday 12 March 2014

Crown Court

For one of my modules I have to go to a court to observe. I went to Liverpool Crown Court with Danielle completely blind as we both have never been before but have always wanted to go. Holly wants to be a barrister, is currently studying law at Liverpool uni was meant to go with me but she was busy so I ended up taking Danielle even though she doesn't do this module.

We got there for exactly 9:45am (I had to run off the bus to get there on time) after waiting over 20 minutes for a bus! Arriva are the worst bus company ever so unreliable & rubbish!!
Went through security then looked at the screen to see what was on. We went upstairs & waited to see when we could go in. It was really busy with barristers, solicitors, lawyers, people doing jury service, defendants, presumably witnesses waiting around to go into the court rooms. We had no idea what we were going to see so just waited until we were allowed in. The usher would come out, shout a name then before I got a chance to catch them or the named person to even hear their name they had already gone back into the court room! Which was really annoying because I needed to ask if I could go in & take notes. So we waited for like nearly an hour & was starting to get bored & fed up.. People were going into the court rooms but were coming out really quick so we weren't sure if we were allowed in & other people asked if they could & were told it was too full.. 

I finally got to ask an usher who was actually really nice & was allowed into the court room to take notes. There was a girl already in there taking notes who I think is on my course as it looked like she had the same module guide but I didn't recognise her. 
It was a lot smaller than I though it would be but there are different sized court rooms & this was quite a small one as there was only 10 seats in the public gallery & 6 seats in the defendants box.

During the hour & an half we were in there we only managed to see a video link which lasted for about 2 minutes, 2 preliminary hearings, a committal for breaches & someone who was meant to be in court yesterday but didn't turn up. It was all quite boring & not interesting so there wasn't really much to observe. I managed to take some notes but didn't really know what was going on a lot of jargon was used. 

I wish I went with Holly & that she would have taken me at least once since I've been asking her for years cos then I wouldn't have been so clueless or wasted that much time waiting around to go in! Also it turns out we should have went to a different floor as there was trials, part trials and sentencings happening which would have been a lot more interesting. I may need to go back again next week to take better notes but I'm not sure yet! But if you do go to sit in court I'd advise you go with someone who's been before try to ring before hand to see what's on & to dress smart casual. It was a good experience but I wish I got to see something interesting.

We left at 12:50pm & went for lunch at Tokyou which is a cheap noodle bar we love to go to.

Udon Chicken Noodle Soup - Chicken, fried tofu & oriental greens £3.80

Satay Chicken Wok Fried Noodles - Malaysia, Wet - Slices of chicken with assorted vegetables £3.90

Grilled Meat Dumplings £3.50
If you ever come to Liverpool & love Chinese food, noodles I highly recommend you go to Tokyou on Berry Street. The food is really nice, portions are large & cheap. Like I don't understand how I've been going since I was like 14 & I still get the same noodles for the same cheap price!! It's defiantly my favourite place to eat at. My dumplings actually came when I nearly finished my noodles so dessert then not a starter?

I completely forgot to take an outfit post as when I got in I was really tired & just changed out of my clothes straight away & to take Frodo for a walk but I wore this outfit here minus the necklace, my h&m biker jacket & new M&S satchel. A smart casual look.


I'm loving this cereal at the moment which is on offer in Tesco for £2 or in Sainsbury's you can buy 2 for £4. It is the best cereal, I piratically ate a whole box in one day... You can eat it as a snack or with milk either way it's just as nice! Shame they only come in 500g boxes. I got another 2 today in Tesco this & the chunky nuts one which has Brazil nuts, flaked almonds, pecans & hazelnuts so nice!! Like I can't recommend them enough I think I'm going to have to go to Sainsbury's tomorrow cos I want to try the honey & nut & super berry!

It's only 4 days till my uncle's wedding & I finally got a dress from Debenhams last Thursday! I can't wait I'm so excited!! Fingers crossed the weather stays nice but gets warmer as it's been really deceiving sun out but freezing cold!

Julie
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment