Friday 27 June 2014

Florida - Gary & Kirsty's Wedding

12th June 2014

The reason for going to Florida was for Gary & Kirsty's wedding which was on the first Thursday at the Swan & Dolphin Hotel in Disney. It was meant to be on the man made beach but it happened to rain that day of course so it was inside. We were all glad though, we would have all been melting outside with the heat! But they did pay extra for it which was a bit silly since they knew it would be hot. I took A LOT of photos but here are some of the best ones.

Me & Tracy got up at 8 had breakfast downstairs then went up to the roof top & sunbathed for an hour, showered & got ready to be picked up at 12 from the hotel by a limo to take up to the hotel. Gary stayed in our hotel for the night so we were the first pick up. As me & Tracy were flicking through the radio Gary remembered he'd forgot his iPod which had the music on so we had to turn back to get it. Luckily we hadn't gone far before he'd noticed. 

It was long day as the wedding wasn't till 4 & we were at there before 1 waiting for the limo to bring everyone else. So we just sat around & took loads of photos.


Playsuit - Miss Selfrdige, Heels - Carvela Kurt Geiger
My hair was in braids for like 2 days which I slept in then just left it frizzy. I was meant to do it properly but didn't know what to do & it looked alright so this was the outcome!







First time I'd been in a limo!



Kristy Wilkes & Gary Kelly's wedding



Gary got them to change it but apparently this is the way they spell Kirsty in America











Playsuit - Miss Selfridge, Heels - Carvela, Kurt Geiger
Tracy's Dress - Asos




























I somehow just about managed to hold back the tears whilst everyone else was sobbing!  Gary had a tear which started everyone else off which didn't help that Kirsty's walking in song was Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love You so I now can't listen to that without a tear!



There was 21 of us including bride & groom. Gary's parents, 2 sisters Tracy & Laura, me, Laura's boyfriend Ste. Then Kirtsy's parents, her older brother & wife, uncle & auntie & family friends.


I was the only Wing represent with 4 family friends, Tina, Andy & Tina's parents who only flew in the day before the wedding & left the afternoon after the wedding! Most expensive wedding ever can't believe they did that! They should've stayed for at least a week but they couldn't get the time off work sadly. 












After the ceremony we walked over to the dolphin part of the hotel (we were in the swan bit) where we had light bits.

Chicken & if you squeezed it blue cheese came out which wasn't very nice. Think it was mini pulled pork burger. Whatever it was it was nice as this was like 5pm & hadn't eaten anything since 8am!







Pretty emotional wedding speech!




Teppan Seared Jumbo Sea Scallop

Love love love scallop! Never had so much scallop in my life during this holiday!



Chilled Maine Lobster Tail.. Mote Cavair, Pickled Gennel, Vanilla Corn Froth

I wasn't a fan of the cavair or the froth but the lobster tail was so nice!



Miso Mero Seabass.. Carrot Dashi, House Kimchee, Sticky Soy

I was debating on getting this of the simply fish but I'm so glad I got this cos it was to die for! I was so stuffed from the previous courses we had but I HAD TO finish it, there was no way I could leave any of it to waste!



Warm Chocolate Cake.. Maracaibo Chocolate cream pudding, raspberry Ice Cream

I only ate the ice cream, not a fan of chocolate cake!













For their first dance they danced to John Legend - All Of Me which I also can't listen to without having a tear!











 

After the main course at 9pm we went outside to watch the Disney fireworks.
When we went back in before it finished as it started to rain so had to just watch them from inside. We then had our desert.










We then had to get a taxi back to the hotel. It was a very long & tiring day which was mainly spent waiting round. It actually went really slow which was good & I managed to stay in my heels all day even though we took flats, that was cos the we spent most of the day sitting down so it was alright.

A tight playsuit that has no elastic apart from a zip down the back was probably not the best thing to wear when good food is involved because I was too scared to go the toilet after eating in case I couldn't zip it back up! But I did eventually go & it was fine.

I just need to find something to wear now for the Chinese party they're having here next Sunday 6th July! So more photos from then with the rest of the family!

The Swan and Dolphin hotel is really nice both inside & outside even though I didn't get to walk onto the beach but it wouldn't have been a good idea with my suede heels! Gary & Kirsty were staying the night there & had a room in the swan bit, the room had 2 double beds and was really old fashioned. I'd recommend the one we stayed at Ramada Plaza if you're looking for a hotel but if you're wanting to stay at Disney it's a nice hotel & Kelly stayed there when she went a couple of years ago & loved it.


Julie
XxX

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

Some of the photos were taken on my Nikon 1 J2 camera while others were taken from my Nexus 4 phone & some from my cousin's iPhone 5 which is why the picture quality isn't consistent throughout this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment