Sunday 26 April 2015

Healthy Flapjacks

I made healthy flapjacks today!


500g Porridge Oats (this bag is from Home Bargains 49p)
250g Butter (melted in a pan)
250g of mixed fruit & nuts (from Home Bargains £1.69)
170g/6oz of Sugar (preferably brown sugar)
2 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup (optional, put less sugar if you put syrup in, it'll make it sweeter & bind it all together more along with the butter)
Tablespoon of honey

Bake at 200°C for 30 minutes



Melt your butter in a pan then pour & mix it with your porridge oats making sure it all sticks together. Then add your golden syrup if you plan to add it this will help it to stick & your sugar.


Once it's all combined you can add you nuts dried fruit. I've been living off these bags of mixed fruit & nuts lately as it's such a good price for what you get which is actually not doing me any good even though it is healthy it's pretty excessive!

You get pecans, walnuts, almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, sultanas, raisins & dried cranberries 250g bag for £1.69! Which is really good & you don't get peanuts in it! The nuts aren't salted either.

I also put peanuts & sesame seeds in it. I went a little crazy adding all sorts of stuff into it but you can put any dried fruit or nuts into it.
You can drizzle honey on the top before you put it in the oven



Mine actually didn't work that well as I had too much porridge oats compared to butter & syrup. I put 600g of porridge oats when I should've just used the 1 bag of 500g. It was really crumbly! Also sultanas & dried fruit aren't the best thing to use when baking especially when they're not covered as they do tend to burn! This isn't the best flapjacks I've made I have made better ones. The first time I made it is probably the best batch I've made so don't judge my baking skills on this batch..


This looks more like flapjacks see I can bake!

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment