Thursday 20 August 2015

Cornrows

Last night me, Kelly & Hannah went to Danielle's as she had a free house. Wild Wednesday night watching the Great British Bake Off & Kelly doing cornrows in my hair. 

Everyone seems to be watching bake off now like it's gone so big. I remember watching the very first series when it started on BBC 2 when people just weren't fussed over it. Then it went onto BBC 1 & everyone is loving it. Everyone is obsessed & it's been bought by so many countries with their own spin to it. Last year really got people talking with "bin gate" with the whole sabotage situation. That was crazy how people reacted to it. 

I'm guessing you will have seen last night... If not this is your warning that I'm gonna say who left... Dorret left last night which I was so glad I wasn't a fan of her at all. She should have left in the first week after that mess of a cake. She was so lucky to have made it to week 3! Her bed & mattress bread was awful especially when Paul made the most amazing lion! It was so good! I wouldn't have been able to eat it!




Source Metro.co.uk

It was so detailed, it was an actual piece of art! Even Paul & Mary was amazed by it.


Source Daily Mail

Star baker Ian's Flour Pot was also really impressive. I think these 2 are definitely the ones to watch!

After watching bake off Kelly decided to cornrow my hair. I'm her hair model/guinea pig to try different hairstyles on. I've always been a fan of cornrows but I could never do it myself & my mum's only just learnt how to braid hair so she's no good. It took a good half an hour or more to do it. But that was down to the fact she didn't know how many to do & struggled a bit of parting my hair. It's really needs a good cut it's just too much effort to wash & dry it.



Top - New Look


Dress - H&M £9.99
Belt - New Look
Shoes - Vans, Schuh

Having my hair in cornrows is probably the best thing for the gym as it just plaited the ends so I didn't have to worry about it falling out, going in my face like I usually do when I have it in a bun or even with 2 braids. The only issue I had was when I was doing planks or anything lying down it got in the way a bit. 

I got loads of compliments in the gym & in work with people asking me who did it, I really suited it. Hannah is the only person who doesn't like them saying she's ashamed for me that I went out like this & that people are either blind of just being polite. I really don't care if I suit them or not, or whether people like them or not. I've always liked them & they're practical. I'm being a real tramp though & leaving them in till Sunday as I'm going the gym everyday till then so it saves me having to wash & do my hair, also in work again tomorrow. Just makes life easier! What's your view on cornrows? Yes or no?

This was a super quick photo as I had to catch the bus to work & I wasn't sure of the outfit but I had no time to get changed so just went with it! I got it Tuesday from H&M in town, I seen it in the window of the store that it was only £9.99. Which is a bargain & I had a 10% voucher for it so only paid £8.99! I wasn't sure whether I was buying it just for the price or if it was nice... But in work everyone said it was nice but for that price I can't complain! It's definitely a autumn/winter dress as I was sweating in it. The fabric is pretty thick & the long sleeves. It's high neck but I don't like how high it is so I folded it down & looks better like that.

It's been a busy week, today was the first time I'd been the gym since Saturday! The past 3 days I've been doing a radio journalism course at Radio City with Bauer Academy which I'll post about once I got the photos for.

No comments:

Post a Comment