Friday 28 August 2015

I'm feeling 22

So yesterday I turned the big 2-2 which means mandatory Taylor Swift song "I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22..."

Enough about Taylor I don't even like her it was my day not hers. I went the gym in the morning for boot camp & did a run on the treadmill then waited for my mum to come home from work to take me to Cronton College in Widnes. I'd already enrolled to do Exercise & Fitness - Diploma - NVQ - Level 2 at Hugh Baird on Monday, I just had to pay for my course when I start my induction next Thursday. The course was going to be £1,445.80. 

I spoke to my yoga teacher on Wednesday just to ask her how she got into becoming a yoga teacher & she told me about Cronton College as she'd seen me walking to the gym so guessed where I lived & said that college may be better for me as it's closer & there's a free school bus. I rang them up when I got back to get some information about the courses they run & I went to enrol yesterday. I've now enrolled to do CYQ Level 2 in Fitness Instructor & Level 3 Personal Training. (Level 2 Sep-Oct half term, then level 3 till the end) Which is 2 courses in 1, an industry recognised qualification that can be used worldwide. The course is costing me £1,200 September - July (full academic school year) + £33.40 for course t-shirt & cost of printing. I paid £400 yesterday my first instalment. 

There's no going back now! I really do hope I've made the right decision, I've already had an extra year to think about it as I'd enrolled at Hugh Baird to do the same course in the evening but was only the other person who was on the course so they couldn't run it.

I've been 22 for less than 48 hours & I feel like I'm about 40 trying to sort my life out but it's far from sorted. I wish I was still a kid with no worries or responsibilities!

I went for dinner with Gabby, Kelly & Danielle on Lark Lane for the first time. If you know anything about Liverpool it's a street that's full of different restaurants & bars by Sefton Park that everyone loves but I'd just never had the chance to go to. After walking up & down it we finally decided to go to an Italian but the wait was an hour so we ended up going to Esteban for Spanish tapas.




Dress - H&M £9.99
Owl Necklace - Gift from Danielle
Boots - Zara


Aceitunas Mixas - Mixed Olives


Pimentos Padron - Padron Peppers or pepper roulette. Some were normal sweet peppers & some were super hot chilli peppers & I found one of them & my mouth was on fire it was that hot. I can't eat spicy or chilli!!

Bruschetta


Tartas de Chorizo y Championes - Yorkshire pudding filled with chorizo sausage, mushrooms, opinions and tomato chutney with grilled morzarella cheese.

Basically a Yorkshire pudding with bolgnese on top!


Gambas Pil Pil - King prawns sauteed garlic, onion


Pollo con miel - Chicken baked in honey, tomato & spices


Queso haloumi con pan pitta - Grilled haloumi cheese, toasted pitta & salad


Patatas con huevos - Fried egg on top of curly chips


Mejiliones Catalan - Mussells pan fried with tomato, garlic, onion, capers, olives, thyme & white wine


Vegetable Paella

Costillas de cerado - baby back ribs 

The food was nice but I think we got too much as we went with what the menu said of suggesting you get 3 dishes each so between me, Danielle & Kelly we had 9 dishes. I think 6 would've been well enough though.



Had a really big surprise that David turned up! I had no idea he was in Liverpool which was really nice to see him since he lives in London. 





Thank you Danielle, Kelly & Hannah! These presents make me look about 4 cos that is probably what I would have got for my birthday all Lion King related stuff! I also got a £20 JD Sports voucher to get some new sports clothes!


I think I love the gift bag more than the actual presents in there... I wish it wasn't made out of cardboard so I could use it as an everyday bag! I feel like it's the monkey piƱata all all over again which I still have from last year!


Pineapple & sushi socks



Panda money box





I think I love the envelope more than the moonpig card... And everyone thinks I've got expensive taste & I'm materialistic. 


Thank you Gabby & truly spoilt! She raided paperchase as well not cheap! I do like the fruit theme going on with the banana pencil case, pineapple sunglasses & socks!

I did have a nice birthday considering it was the last thing on my mind with college & trying to sort my life out whilst not wanting to get older! 

No comments:

Post a Comment