Sunday 12 June 2016

Cocktails

Happy Birthday Hannah!



Me, Hannah & Danielle went to Turtle Bay to celebrate Hannah's birthday last night. Hannah was swayed to go here as it was 241 cocktails but you had to get 2 of the same one. I got the koko coloda (Koko Kanu white rum, pineapple, coconut & cream, grated nutmeg). Which was nice then it got sickly. Hannah got strawberry daiquiri & Danielle got one love. (Passion fruit liquer, Blackwell rum, fresh passion fruit, coconut, Martini style). It was super strong.


I knew before that I was gonna have an issue with the food... Everything is spicy & herby 2 things I can't eat. The prawn & mango wrap sounded nice so asked if I could have it without the spice, herbs & hot sauce (I know it defeats the point in being there but it was worth a try asking). But it turns out the wraps aren't freshly made they're already pre-made so they can't take anything out of it! There was nothing else on the menu that I wanted as the salad was rocket (not a fan). He ended up suggesting the kids option chicken breast burger & chips. (Asked for salad instead of chips). 

The food took ages to come, when it finally did it turns out mine was just a ridiculously dry chicken breast with a rocket salad with the odd bit of cucumber & carrot. I had to put the jerk bbq sauce on it which was spicy but I just had to deal with it cos I couldn't even swallow the chicken it was that dry! I asked for water which we never got. The service was awful. Danielle was running late & while me & Hannah were waiting the waiter asked us at least 3x if we were ready to order. Once we did order he didn't up sell to us. The food took ages to come. Was a disappointment when it did. At no point were we asked if we wanted more drinks & our plates weren't cleared. It wasn't even that busy. We weren't offered dessert. The bill was given to us pretty quick then came over to ask if we needed the card machine I said I did & took him ages before he got back to us. Probably won't be going again & wouldn't recommend it. (The one on Hannover Street).





This is the worst thing I've ever eaten for a meal. It cost my £4.50 I would've been better off getting a Tesco meal deal I was starving afterwards!


Danielle ended up getting the prawn & mango wrap I wanted & said it was really spicy



Hannah got the pulled pork bun (so Caribbean)



Afterwards Hannah wanted to get dessert so we went to Tesco across the road. Hannah ended up getting 2 reduced cheese burgers & reduced Richmond sausages together for £1.35. She was so made up. Didn't even have a carrier bag so ended up putting them in the gift bag with the presents we got her! Good job we got a big gift bag!
 Danielle bought a pack of 5 sugar ring doughnuts for 33p. Which we ate walking down to the docks. I was starving after my lack of dinner & was feeling a little tipsy.


























We went for a walk on the docks. The quote of the night while we were there by Hannah... "didn't know there was a beach here! Is it Crosby beach?" It wasn't even a beach & we were no where near Crosby! Hannah was definitely drunk after the daiquiris! 









Real Leather Jacket - Zara
Over sized shirt - Matalan
Leather look leggings - H&M
Necklace - New Look

We had such a good night definitely one to remember. A celebration for Hannah's birthday & me being a qualified personal trainer! I passed both my anatomy and physiology & nutrition exams on Wednesday first time. The year has gone so fast I remember turning up on my birthday questioning whether it was the right decision which I think it definitely was & I'm ready to start my career!


No comments:

Post a Comment