Wednesday 22 June 2016

The Queen in Liverpool


The Queen was in Liverpool today 4 years since her last visit here. She came to officially open Alder Hey Children's Hospital & the Exhibition Centre.
She arrived at Lime Street station by royal train at 10:30 am. 




From there she headed to the International Festival for Business where she chatted to delegates bout the latest hi-tech gadgets with the Duke of Edinburgh.

She then unveiled a plaque to offically open the new Exhibition Centre Liverpool & adjoining Pullman Liverpool Hotel. It was her first visit to the waterfront after visiting back in 2008 to offically open the Arena & Convention Centre (ACC).

The Queen & the Duke heard a medley of tunes from the Pagoda Chinese Orchestra including a rendition of the national anthem. This makes me sad that I could've been in that orchestra performing for the Queen (I doubt I would've been good enough but I can dream) as when I was younger my mum did want me to learn a Chinese instrument! I'd probably cry with excitement & nerves if I was ever good enough though.

Max Steinberg, chair of the International Festival for Business showed the Queen around. 

“This city, my home city of Liverpool, is in my view, perfectly placed to host such an international festival on behalf of the United Kingdom.
“It is a city that for hundreds of years has welcomed communities from across the globe and indeed is home to the oldest Chinese community established in Europe.
“It is also true to say that music is an essential part of the DNA of our city and we have exported many of our musical talents across the world.”




The Queen then had lunch at the town hall around midday which was prepared by master chef Darren Wynn where she had a main course of Mawdsley beef fillet with peppercorn & cognac sauce, served with potato dauphinois & asparagus. Dessert an apple & cinnamon tart with vanilla ice cream & creme anglais, followed by coffee & petit fours. The menu was adapted from the design used for Queen Victoria's visit to the town hall in 1886.

She came out onto the balcony around 12:30 to greet the hundreds of people who lined Castle Street. This included me & my mum!

















I have never been so excited to see anyone ever.  More than any other person or celebrity just need to go to a garden party & be invited to Buckingham Palace to see her. She is real I seen her with my own eyes I was in her presence. She doesn't know I exist yet! I know people don't really understand why I love the Queen but she's a special lady & not every country in the world can say they have one, & definitely not one that has been reigning for so long! It's pretty special!










Me & my mum are in the online Liverpool Echo gallery. Didn't even realise that photographer was for the Echo thought he was just a pro photographer & never see the photos again otherwise I would've smiled for him!

Afterwards she headed off to Alder Hey where she was shown around the new hospital & met some of the staff & patients.








She looked so happy to be in Liverpool & looked like she really enjoyed her day! I'm glad I finally got to see her in my home city & can tick it off my bucket list! 


Real Leather Jacket - Zara
Dress - Zara
Leather Cut Out Boots - Zara

Yep I went for the Zara mannequin look today, head to toe in Zara!

Don't forget to vote tomorrow if you haven't already! I voted a couple of weeks ago by post & I voted IN as we're better together in the EU!

No comments:

Post a Comment