Thursday 30 June 2016

Winner's Meal

2 weeks ago me & Kelly won the pub quiz at The Elephant. We did really well considering we only got 2 questions wrong & missed out on 1 question. The quiz is done electronically so if you're the fastest to answer in that round you get bonus points. The first round was on news of the week, then it was on the Euros well about England, holiday destinations & last round was feel good music so you had to guess the song. I told Kelly we were there to win it cos I am ridiculously competitive & we did. We were top 3 throughout then at the end we just smashed it!

Tonight we went to claim our free meal, 2 mains & a bottle of prosecco. I wasn't actually sure as to where our free meal was for either at the Elephant or the Liberty Tavern which is part of them as I got a little too excited when we won. But I rang up the other day to book & they weren't sure either but since they gave me an elephant business card I guess it must be for there.





Kelly got the steak & chips the most expensive thing on the menu at £17.50. I got the pan fried fillet of hake at £14.50 which was the 3rd most expensive thing on the menu. I think the menu is a bit rubbish not much choice really as it is a pub. I would never pay £14.50 for what I got as it was pretty small & nothing special but it was free so I can't complain! Kelly was glad she was with me as she had the whole bottle of prosecco to herself.

The pub quiz is run every Tuesday night at 9pm where they also do 2 for 1 on their pizzas.


Chicken, pesto, boccacini, parmesan


BBQ chicken, piquillo peppers, buffalo mozzarella, green onion 




Our team name


  


I'll be back soon to win the quiz again!

No comments:

Post a Comment