Friday 17 November 2017

Dia + Noche


Date night with Holly last night. We went to a new place called Dia + Noche which is the new place that's replaced Miyagi on Bold Street. It's a new Spanish tapas restaurant and bar which is being run by the same people. They just opened and were finalising the menu as we were there. They were offering the first drink and tapas on the house.

We got asked if we liked red wine and sherry as they were testing them out. I sadly don't like either but luckily Holly does and was willing to be a guinea pig. I'm very fussy when it comes to drinking so I was struggling to find a cocktail I was going to like. I tried one that had orange vodka with a load of different juices in which was alright - a bit strong for me. Then I got to try the one with pineapple rum that was also with a load of juices in it which I liked more and managed to drink half of. I was bright red and was definitely tipsy getting the bus home!














The interior's really nice. I never went when it was Miyagi but Holly did and said it's pretty much still the same. 



Tuna sashimi


Bell peppers




Buckwheat salad with grapefruit, orange, sea bass, broccoli, almonds, fennel and pomegranate.


King prawns


The food was nice but I didn't think it was anything special. 
As we didn't get anything that was properly filling I think that was the reason I was feeling tipsy - pretty much drinking on an empty stomach. 
We had a nice night and liked the experience. The staff were all really friendly and the bar staff were trying really hard to find me a cocktail I was going to like and ended up getting both of them free when we were only suppose to have the 1 and I couldn't even finish either. I drank half of each. The breakfast and lunch menu looks good and we're going to go back to try it at some point. 



No comments:

Post a Comment