Sunday 12 November 2017

Malta


I've just been on holiday to Malta for 4 nights and 4 days. A bit of winter sun and break from life. I went with my parents and brother. We flew from Liverpool on Monday night and came back Friday night. 

Malta is so beautiful and scenic. It's a lot smaller than I thought - the same size as Liverpool. We rented a car so just drove around to a different place everyday. 

 Blubay Apartments


We stayed in Blubay apartments which is a very strange set up. We had to check in at the hotel then a man took us to where our apartment hotel was which was around the corner. 








It's called apartments but they're just rooms with a kitchen. I shared with my brother and my parents were next door. I wouldn't recommend staying here. The towels were all dirty and there was building work going on right outside so come 7am you just heard drilling and all sorts. If you wanted a lie in you weren't getting one.

It's in Gzira and just a 5 minute walk down to Manoel Island yacht marina where you can go on boat cruises/trips. It is convenient to get to places if you didn't have a car but I just wouldn't stay there again, there are definitely going to be better places to stay which are just as convenient I'm sure.

We landed around 11pm into a thunderstorm. It was pissing down, thunder and lightning. Good job I brought an umbrella as we were wandering round the car park looking for the rental car! The good thing about driving in Malta is they drive on the same side as we do in the UK. Also it's free to park on the streets as long as the markings are white. 

Day 1 - Manoel Island


Once the thunderstorm had cleared the morning was the perfect day - blue skies and sun!










St George's Bay


We drove down to St George's Bay.







Valletta


We drove to Valletta which is the capital.








View of the bay from the Grand Harbour



It was 1€ to get up this lift but the queue was so long for it so we just took the stairs up. It didn't take that long to get up about 2/3 minutes?



















Love the little narrow streets

We stopped to have lunch at this little restaurant. 


Dad got rabbit strew - he made me try rabbit & it just tastes like chicken but not as soft. Rabbit is a big thing in Malta, it's just one of the meats that they eat like we have chicken or pork. 


Gavin got the lamb shank


I got salmon ravioli


Mum got octopus tagliatelle

Food was alright nothing special. Food in Malta is pretty much like Italy. Pizza and pasta is on every menu.





Buckingham Palace?















Malta is like a mix of what you see in the UK with the red telephone and post boxes as it used to be a British colony, a bit of Rome and Greece with the buildings. 















Valletta is small and can be done in a day. There's a boat tour that you can do that takes there from different parts of the island. There's not really much to see, from the view up the grand harbour there is a war museum that you have to pay to get into that we didn't go to. 

Part 1 done of Malta more to come later on in the week. I'm going to see The Killers for the 3rd time tomorrow (seeing Brandon himself for the 5th as I've seen him on his own twice!!) in Manchester Arena and I'm so excited! I think I was more excited for The Killers than going to Malta so I'm sure that post will be up before any more Malta related posts!



All photos taken with my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. I did take my Nikon but didn't take my charger and accidentally left it on so the power all drained from it so I didn't get to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment