Friday 24 November 2017

War Horse


Last night I went to see War Horse in the Liverpool Empire Theatre with Danielle. I've not been to the theatre in over 3 years. The last thing I went to see was The Lion King back in 2014 just before I went to Florida. It was a like a proper date night we went for pizza in Crust then to see War Horse. We wanted to go to Vincent Kitchen but it's still closed from the other month when the place next door Elif had a fire. Both of them were shut but it's still not open but Elif is. We were going to go to Souk but it was dead and couldn't be the only people in there so ended up in Crust again. It was completely packed with no empty tables!





We got the Rustica - Tomato, fior di latte mozzarella, spinach, mixed pepper, aubergine, mushroom, courgette and added chicken as it was a veggie pizza. It was really nice and not too greasy which I hate about take out pizzas. We got the sweet potato wedges too.



The Christmas markets this year are outside St George's hall. They don't look that good but the back drop does look good. It's a bit of a strange place to be considering they're usually right in the middle of town. I wouldn't go out my way to go to them and unless you were down that end of town or get the train from Lime Street it's not somewhere in town you'd be. We didn't have time to go there as we did forget that they we there!




We got to the Empire for 7 the show started a bit late at 7:35 and finished after 10. It was quite empty in the middle. We had seats in the lower circle left of the stage right to the side which had a restricted view but wasn't actually that bad. There was just no leg room at all. My legs were aching throughout the first half and I just couldn't sit still. Danielle ended up swapping seats with me after the interval as she had the seat right on the end in the inside so there was more leg room. Also the people in front left so I could stretch my legs out over the seats in front. The seats were also really creaky! 





 It started off quite slow and wasn't feeling the first half. The second part was definitely better but I was so tired I was actually falling asleep not because I didn't like it or that it was boring it was just so dark. The story didn't go how I thought it was going too. It's about a horse - Joey that gets bought by a family. Albert the boy who owns the horse bonds with him but his dad ends up selling him to the army so he gets sent to war. Albert misses Joey so much he ends up joining the army even though he;s too young to be reunited with Joey. It was sad at the end and I nearly cried but just about held back the tears! 

The movement of the animals is actually amazing especially the horses. They look so realistic. The sound effects of gun shots were definitely too loud though. The poor girl next to us jumped every single time and spilt her drink so ended up giving it to her boyfriend to hold!

It wasn't as good as people made out or what I thought sadly. I definitely wouldn't see it again and unsure about actually recommending it. Luckily we got our tickets for £18 did nearly end up paying £29.50 for them but so glad we didn't as it wasn't worth that!

I do like going to the theatre and used to go all the time when I did drama. They just need to sort out the leg room situation as that's probably the only time I'm glad I'm not actually 6 foot tall!


 Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment