Sunday 15 April 2018

5 weeks


So today's 19 mile run didn't quite go to plan.. We started at Jo and Rich's and ran down to the prom the same route we took last week but was gonna go a bit further then back which would've made up the miles. We had Rich on the bike being our water boy supplying us with water.

My leg is so sore but I kept pushing. Rich could tell which leg it was and said it was painful watching me run as I was so unbalanced relying on my right leg so much but pounding hard on the left. Once we got to the prom Jo was actually a good mile ahead I couldn't even see her so jumped on the bike and Rich caught up to her. I got to 7 miles and had to call it a day I couldn't carry on no more so swapped with Rich and rode the bike instead. Good job he can run and needs to train for the half! 

On the way back it absolutely poured down! Couldn't even tell if it was rain or hail it was so cold and windy cos we were along the prom we were hit with the salt water from the Mersey. You could taste the salt it was horrible, we couldn't see and was freezing with no waterproofs! It wasn't even suppose to rain which is why we did the run! felt like I was swimming in the sea! We ended up stopping at the The Britannia Inn Stonehouse by the festival gardens as we had to call it a day and called a black cab home!


Lovely soggy drowned rats in the back of the taxi. Jo clocked 11 miles which was alright considering. We went back to Jo and Rich's then went to Morrison's to get ice and got an ice bath in their's managed 10 minutes it was horrible! 

I've decided I'm not going to run for 2 weeks so marathon training is being postponed cos I'm doing more damage than good right now. It's really annoying and not ideal that I'm missing the 2 longest runs but I've got no choice as right now if it doesn't get better I can't do the marathon in 5 weeks. Next weekend when Jo does her long run I'm gonna cycle and be her water girl then the weekend after I'm in London. That gives me 2 weeks before the race so hopefully no training, having 2/3 ice baths a week, foam rolling, stretching, using deep heat cream and deep freeze gel will sort my leg out otherwise I'm gonna have to call it quits. Too much too soon unfortunately cos right now I think I can mentally do it but just physically can't which is killing me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment