Saturday 14 April 2018

109 Allerton



Jacket - Zara Men's
Tee - Zara
Jeans - Topshop Jamie
Belt - Vintage

Went to 109 Allerton on Allerton Road for brunch today with Jo, Rich & Jonny. Been wanting to try it but it's been full the past two times I've tried to go but I managed to book a table today. It's really nice in there and hasn't been opened that long.




I got the superfood bowl where you get to choose everything that goes into it - stem broccoli, asparagus, pomegranate, avocado, blueberries, cashew nuts, pasta, grilled chicken with a soy and sesame dressing. 
The chicken was so dry as it was overdone and cold. The pasta was also cold but I was expecting like spiral pasta. It was nice just wished the chicken wasn't dry and was grilled with some sauce!


Jo got asparagus, lettuce, avocado, halloumi, rice noodles, beef with a soy and sesame dressing.


Rich got spinach, kale, red onion, avocado, pasta, chia seeds, grilled chicken, halloumi cheese in a balsamic dressing.


Jo got a side of wedges


Rich got a side of halloumi fries


Jonny got the Thai salmon burger with sweet potato fries



Rich got the lemon and raspberry sponge cake which was really nice.

The food took ages to come we waited 40 minutes before it came. I was disappointed with how long the food took to come as it wasn't that busy so I don't get why it took so long as the the stuff we ordered definitely didn't take that long to make and the stuff other people were ordering were just typical brunch - poached eggs. I'd like to go back again as they have some good stuff on the menu I want to try. Hopefully it'll be better next time!

Park Run



Me, Jo, Jonny and Sarah did the 5km Princes Park - Park Run this morning at 9am. We were late though and didn't know where the start was so had to join the back when they all started! There was well more people than I was expecting running. Cos we didn't start on the start line our trackers measured it a but under 5 km but it was still a good run - painful one though as my leg is sore sore!

Park Run's are a great idea it's a 5 km every Saturday morning which is completely free! All you have to do is sign up here, find the nearest one to you then print your barcode which they scan before and after the race to keep track of your time every week to see if you're improving. It's good for people who don't want to run on their own and need that little boost as you're running with loads of other people and the volunteers are great they cheer you around the course! There's people of all abilities so don't be worried if you don't think you're good enough you'll just get better every week!

We went to the gym after and jumped on a spin bike for an hour just to keep our legs going ready for our 19 mile run tomorrow which we're all dreading!


Managed to win myself a little £14.50 as well on the Grand National today! I wasn't even going to put a bet on but we went in after we went for lunch and thought I'm here I'll just put £1 each way on Tiger Roll and it actually won!! I've been putting bets on the past like 3/4 years usually like 2 horses but never won anything! I'm actually really happy with my little win. Turns out 2018 isn't too bad after all and green haired Julie really is living her best life! :)


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment