Friday 20 April 2018

Shoryu Ramen


Went to Shoryu Ramen in Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester last week before we went to see Bastille on the their ReOrchestrated Tour. I've heard good things about it and when it first opened I remember there being queues to go there. It's been opened for a while now so I don't think it's that popular anymore!

Me and Holly got the same Shoryu Ganso Tonkotsu - the signature ramen with added shallots. Tonkotsu - rich 12 hour pork broth ramen with char siu barbecue pork belly, nitamago egg, kikurage mushrooms, spring onion, sesame, ginger and nori seaweed.


Me and Holly shared a Shoryu Bun - char siu barbecue pork belly.
It had hoi sin sauce in it but a weird spicy mayo. 


Kelly got the Kotteri Hakata Tonkotsu - a richer, thickerm meatier tonkotsu broth, double nitamago egg.

The food was nice but I didn't think it was filling or that you got that much at all I was still hungry after it! I got Matcha and sesame ice cream as well. I think my appetite might have gone bigger with this marathon training but I still think the portions are quite small and the bowl is defo bigger than the actual food!


No comments:

Post a Comment