Monday 9 April 2018

6 weeks


6 weeks till the big race! The closer it's getting the more I'm questioning why am I doing it and I'm better off doing the half again to beat my time! 

Did a 17 mile run yesterday and it was a killer! My legs are still so sore. The whole of my left leg just aches cos I ran just under 10 km on Saturday morning and I must be running weird to compensate for the pain around my shin/calf from the half 2 weeks ago! 

Me and Jo ran from ours down to Speke retail park then half way down the prom and ran back the way we came from. It was nice running along the prom as we didn't need to cross roads and I could run on the grass which eased the pain a bit as it took the pressure off pounding on the hard ground. My legs and trainers were so dirty and muddy though.

 We were so thirsty needed a drink so bad but we couldn't stop cos otherwise we just wouldn't have been able to go again. Every time we stopped to cross the road it just killed me off and if we had to get back on the kerb the smallest step felt like a giant leap! It was an alright run glad we did it.


Soggy run on Saturday morning in the pouring down heavy rain! We look like drowned rats! I wasn't even planning on running as I knew I was running 17 miles on Sunday but they were all going so I just tagged along. It was Angie's fault she wanted to go but when we got back she said she's never doing it again - before we went she was gonna tell me to grow a pair cos I didn't want to run in the rain! But now she knows how I feel cos it doesn't get any easier or better running in the rain! I had one of Rich's coats so did manage to stay dry but it was still horrible my clothes were stuck to me! I think we've all agreed to swerve running in the rain again.


Did 5.5 km on Tuesday evening with Jonny which was an awful run. We were both struggling. He did 17 miles with Jo in the morning so don't know how he managed to run again later on in the day.

I can safely say I've done a full marathon last week so can I have my medal now or do I need to do it in 1 go?? Jo is amazing and a machine though she did 17 miles on Tuesday morning with Jonny cos he missed last weekend and couldn't do this weekend then did 17 again with me yesterday morning! She's done 34 miles in the space of 5 days which is well more than a marathon! Her and Jonny both signed up on Thursday. I did fill it all out sweating in the process but decided to leave it till this week cos I can't bring myself to sign up yet even though I know I am doing it. Next weekend's run steps it up again to 19 miles.. Another 2 miles. We need to recruit someone to come with us on runs on a bike or something to give us supplies like water and jellies to keep us going cos there's no way we can do these long runs without a drink!


No comments:

Post a Comment