Sunday 19 August 2018

Amsterdam Part 2

Day 2



Day 2 we went to Glassan Diamonds - Amsterdam has a long heritage of diamond trade and has a few diamond factories. So we went on a little tour. We got a bit lost trying to find out but Dutch people are super nice. People will just approach you and ask if you want help.










Glassan Diamonds









It was actually quite interesting to learn how diamonds are made and why they're so expensive.

We then went to find the floating flower market.













Floating Flower Market












It didn't look like what I thought it was going to. I thought it was going to be in the middle of the canal not on the edge of it... Amsterdam is famous for their tulips but we were a month late to see them. Tulip season happens to be June not July!

We stopped at a cafe to have churros!



I have weird like for churros! 

We just walked around and went to the I Amsterdam Sign.


  



There was a girl doing a photo shoot but she couldn't hold it for more than 2 seconds!











It turns out my mum is fussier than me when it comes to food. We went past so many places and my mum was just like no don't want that. We stumbled on this restaurant that had a buffet so we thought great we choose whatever we want. It was weird your paid for how heavy your plate of food is. 100g - 2.45€










Mine was the most expensive come to 18€! I was hungry and the food looked good!




We didn't even realise it was a vegan restaurant until my mum got speaking to someone to ask what something was and they said there was no meat! It's a good idea that you pay for your food by weight cost you're just paying for the food you're gonna eat. It stops people from wasting food especially in all you can eats people waste so much food as they think I've already paid for it so I'll just take whatever I want. It was really busy loads of people were getting take outs so there must be a lot of health conscious people.












Sunset over the Maritime Museum.


Day 3

Reguliersgracht




We went to Reguliersgracht where you can see the most bridges. You can see a total of 15 bridges from different directions. It's suppose to be the most romantic spot in Amsterdam!






Canals are so pretty but people park so close to the edge. I was watching someone parallel park and it was stressing me out that they could actually fall right into it! I can't park so I definitely wouldn't trust myself parking there!



The buildings and architecture is actually really nice around Amsterdam. Like it's not all about going to get stoned and high there. You can enjoy it like any other city break. I know most people go for the weed and cakes but it went with my parents and it's not my thing anyway.

We just spent the day walking around as pretty much all the museums and galleries you had to pay for around 10€ which is a lot of money if you're going to them all. I did go to the Moco Museum but that's going to be separate post. 


We had dinner at this Italian restaurant which was next to the sex museum which I didn't actually realise was there. It's on the really busy road down from Centraal Station to Dam Square. 

I got chicken pesto pasta, mum got like spinach in chilly olive oil and my dad got a Hawaiian pizza. For the pasta you could sort of make your own where you chose what type or pasta and sauce you wanted. 

We walked down to Dam Square.







There's constantly a queue outside this place as it's "voted no 1 Holland fries"









China Town











Straight down is the red light distract. We walked down China Town as we were going back my dad was like lets go down this way back. I was like nope we'll just go the way we come from... Don't think he realised it was the red light just wanted to walk a different way but it was getting dark and I wasn't going to explain it to my mum. I would never hear the end of it even though I am intrigued to see it! I'll have to go back.


Amsterdam is a really nice city. Obviously most people go to smoke weed but if you're not into that it's still a nice place to visit. People are really friendly and laid back. Flights are cheap and only takes an hour from Liverpool. It's another capital city ticked off my bucket list. We had the best weather while we were there as they had the heatwave that we had too. 


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

Some of the photos were taken with my Nikon 1 J2 camera while others were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment