Wednesday 22 August 2018

Moco Museum



I went to the Moco Museum with my dad when I went to Amsterdam as they had a Banksy exhibition. I'm not into art and really don't know how to appreciate it but Banksy is definitely someone I can appreciate. Not sure what it is about his work but the whole thing of not knowing who he/they really are I think makes him even more interesting. The museum is right by the I Amsterdam sign. Tickets are 13.50€ but if you go before 11am or after 5pm they're 11€.

Banksy - Laugh Now

























There are 2 floors of Banksy's work with a lot of familiar pieces. Most of them are on loan to the museum and some that have been rescued from torn down buildings. But it's not an official exhibition that's affiliated by Bansky.

Icy & Sot - A Moment of Clarity













I've not heard of Icy and Sot but they've been called the "Banksy of Iran" as their work are controversial and have been banned. 

3D Interior Roy Lichtenstein Room






One of the older exhibitions they had showed the works of Roy Litchenstein 

Moco Garden














  


The Moco garden has a random mix from different artists. 

If you like Banksy definitely worth going but even if you don't like him you can still appreciate his work. It's a good museum to visit in Amsterdam like we didn't visit many but this was definitely worth going to.



Some of the photos were taken with my Nikon 1 J2 camera while others were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment