Saturday 9 February 2019

Bastille - Still Avoiding Tomorrow

BASTILLE - Still Avoiding Tomorrow Tour

O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester

Monday 4th February 2019



Went to see Bastille for the third time on Monday with Holly at Victoria Warehouse in Manchester. Got there at 5 after driving round for ages trying to find the place as for some reason my car sat nav couldn't get me there but Google maps could. It's in a really weird place right behind Old Trafford Stadium so I was stuck for finding parking but they had "event parking" across the road from the venue which was basically part of a road that was closed off because of construction work that they made into a "car park" and was charging £10! But I had to park there as I didn't know the area and we could get straight to my car after as I didn't book the day off work for the morning.

I queued on my own until Holly met me like an hour later cos she was meeting me straight from work. It was annoying they had 2 queues, O2 priority then standard queue. The priority people got let in first and there was 100s of them the queue was just never ending and I don't even think they were checking anything to see whether they had it or not. The was 8 people in front of me in the normal queue and it really pissed me off watching all them going in first. But we weren't that far back as the venue and stage was pretty big and we had time to run the toilet as well.



Moss Kena






Never heard of Moss Kena but he's a singer from London who was discovered after doing a Kendrick Lemar cover. The bass was far too loud and his mic wasn't turned up enough so we just couldn't hear him at all but we weren't a fan of him as he was loving himself way too much. I don't think he really fits as a support act for Bastille but he did join Bastille on stage later on in the night.

Lewis Capaldi





Loved Lewis Capaldi he was so good. He has such a good voice and pretty funny. This was the second night and he said he had to cut his set short the night before because he had a panic attack but reassured us it wasn't going to happen for us. He's supported some other pretty big names - Sam Smith, Niall Horan, Blossoms and Rag N Bone Man. He's been nominated for the Brit's Critic's Choice award which he deserves to win. So should definitely listen to him if you haven't already!

Moss Kena and Lewis Capaldi both stuck to the schedule. Bastille came out a bit late though.

Bastille




























Dan brought Moss Kena out to help him sing the Craig David bits of I Know You





Really not a fan of this shaved head look that he did from the Quarter Past Midnight video. Please grow your hair back Dan! 





  







A new look for Dan loving the die dye!













Performed a new song from the new album Doom Days called 4am. Not sure about it but I'm sure I'll like it when I hear it properly on the new album.
















































The day after was Kyle's birthday so we sang Happy Birthday to Kyle and he got a balloon! 







A random lad had a Marshmello mask on and Dan spotted him so brought him up on stage. Turns out he's in a band as he liked my photo I posted on Instagram.






Finished with Flaws which is an unusual closing song. Was expecting it to be Pompeii but they didn't even end with that before the encore or open with it. He did his usual walk into the crowd but we were too central to be near him and he ended up standing up on the side bar.








I managed to get the set list from the sound desk at the end of the gig!

They were so good I loved it! The closest I've seen them as I was quite far back when I first seen them in Manchester Arena and then we were seated when we went to the ReOrchestrated tour in the Apollo Manchester. I've only ever seen them in Manchester which is really annoying. They need to come back to Liverpool so I can actually see them in my own home city! Hoping it's a date on the next tour.

I can't wait for the new album Doom Days to come out. So ready for some new songs and to see them on a new tour as they have released Other People's Heartache Pt 4 mix tape which has new songs but they've played pretty much the same songs on the past 2 tours.

Really not a fan of Dan's shaved head so hopefully he grows his quiff back. Me and Holly think Dan has lost loads of weight and looks a bit ill but not sure if it's the super shaved head? He is running the London Marathon in April so will be training for it. I feel ya pain Dan!

Until next time waiting on the next gig...


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

All photoss were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S9 phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment