Saturday 26 January 2019

Istanbul Barbecue & Bistro


Went to Istanbul in Woolton Village for dinner tonight with Sarah, Jo and Rich. Sarah's leaving us to go to Barbados for 11 days and I'm not jealous at all..! She really couldn't have picked a better time to go cos the weather is meant to be horrible all week! It's been horrible all this week so I need a beach holiday asap.


They gave us bread as a starter thing. Jo got olives and Rich got garlic mushrooms


Rich got Tavuk Sis (Chicken Skewer) - Marinated chunks of chicken breast char-grilled on a skewer

They said they didn't have any skewers but could do just slices of chicken.. The chicken had holes in them so they'd been on a skewer but just couldn't afford to leave them on them!


Sarah got the same as Rich but with bulgar rice


Jo got the Acili Tavuk (Spicy Chicken) - Boneless chicken thighs, marinated with chilli and spices 


I got Bbq chicken - Grilled chicken breast topped with bbq sauce

The food came out really quick but it wasn't great. My portion was tiny and I was still hungry after it - basically a kids portion really. Didn't help the fact I didn't eat my chips. The chicken I got was just normal bbq sauce from a bottle. Rich said he was still hungry after his food too. Sadly don't think I'll be going back.

Did 8.5 miles this morning - the same run as last week as the plan for this week was to run 8 miles and we did over last week. 

Didn't have a good morning I'd smashed my phone screen just before we went out to run. My phone was on the bench in the changing room and it just fell on the floor. Looks like a bullet shot on the side. I feel like I've been shot by a bullet I'm wounded and having a breakdown can't believe it's happened. I've only had my phone for a month and the first time I've properly dropped it and it's cracked!! The first phone I've actually cracked the screen and it wasn't even a big drop!

I started the run fast as I was annoyed at what happened and was hoping when I got back that didn't actually happen and my phone would be fine but nope it definitely happened! I got a bit of a stitch at the start as per usual I didn't leave enough time for my breakfast and my legs were feeling tired but it was a faster run than last week. 



Only done 2 runs this week. I ran on Thursday but it was a super short one under 3 miles as it started to rain as I was running so I cut it short to get back as soon as I could. Was suppose to be doing the Speke Hall 10k tomorrow but it's been cancelled due to the forecast of high winds. It's forecasting 50 mph winds! They do a free 10 km run on the last Sunday of every month but the one next month has been cancelled as they're doing a night run instead but it's back in March which we're going to definitely do!

Not sure when I'm running in the week next week as it's forecasting rain all week but I'm hoping it's not going to when I do run but we'll see! I think this marathon training is starting to properly get to me as my legs on these long runs are feeling tired but I've got to keep going to get them miles in! My shoulder is still sore so still can't fully train upper body which means I've been training more legs. Just gotta keep pushing!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment