Sunday 13 January 2019

Run 40

Run like the wind



Run 40 - week 2 of the marathon plan. Ran 7.7 miles this morning with Jo, Sarah and Angie. The plan was to run 6 miles but yet again we went over. It's quite hard to plan routes and to get it exactly to that distance. 

It was a good run this morning felt really good even though we were fighting gale force winds. We started running against the wind which is what we wanted as we run in a circle we wanted the wind to be behind us on the way back to push us through. I've got way too much hair for this - even though I had my hair in a pony tail it didn't even feel like I had my hair tied up as it just kept blowing in my face and being really annoying. I badly need a hair cut it's weighing me down as well!

I usually struggle going up Beaconsfield Road and drove up it the other day and was thinking how do I even run up this road as it's so steep my car isn't even flat but got up it pretty easily today. I think I'm getting my fitness back up to before I had my injury! 

I ran on my own on Friday night and did 3.4 miles which takes this week to 14.6 miles. Which I'm happy with as we're on track. Going to be doing the exact same runs next week and do the same route next Sunday morning as we're ahead of plan with us only suppose to be doing 6 miles this morning. 

This mornings run was fueld on a cereal bar, handful of Shreddies and Cheerios and a banana. I wanted to have porridge but we had no milk and I can't have it with water. Also last night's pizza. Me and Sarah went to Pizza Hut last night - had half a Hawaiian and Half BBQ Americano. We wanted to go to Wagamamas but the queue was out the door we forgot it was Saturday night and didn't think to book it but did book the cinema to see The Upside with Kevin Hart which was really funny. Hopefully I've fully burnt that pizza from last night now and had porridge when I got back with a banana, frozen berries, walnuts and sunflower seeds.

So glad we ran this morning as it's pouring down as I'm writing this post right now. Dreading having to run in the rain. I've finally got rid of my cold but I am definition of run down and my face shows it all. I've got a cold sore and spotty. I've not had a cold sore in years but I guess the stress of this marathon is real and showing. Things are going well and I'm sticking to plan so I'm definitely not feeling as stressed as I was and I'm hoping it stays that way!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment