Sunday 6 January 2019

Marathon Plan


Run 3 of the year - 5.6 mile run this morning. Questioning a bit how I'm going to manage to run 26.2 miles 20 weeks today. It's going to be so hard and I can't wait to get it done and be able to have that medal to say I've finally ran a marathon!

I was stressing yesterday and decided I need to get this plan done so I know where I'm at and where I need to be. Got it printed in my room to tick off each run as I do them.


So we're going to do 2 short 5 km / 3 mile runs on Tuesday and Friday night. Then a long run every Sunday morning and add 1 mile each week. Hopefully building up to 22 miles 3 weeks before the race. I'm pushing this training hard though as you're not really suppose to do more than 20 miles before the race as on the day the adrenaline should get you through it and I should be easing off the miles at least 3 weeks before but I'm dropping only 2 weeks before. 

I don't think this plan is going to be set in stone really as I don't think I will end up doing more than 20 miles. When I trained with Jo to try and do it last year we really struggled doing 17 miles I was injured but it was still hard even if I wasn't. So that extra 3 miles will be hard to get through.

I'm feeling a bit better after doing this plan as I can see I do have time but then still in a way feel like I don't. As long as I stick to the plan as close as I can and keep up the training injury free it will be fine! (So I keep telling myself). Going to be covering a lot of miles 388 miles training then with the race 414.2 miles! I will be ready to retire from running after this race for sure.

It's not the just the running and training - the diet and what I eat will be super important to keep me going.
For breakfast I had porridge with milk, a banana, handful of blueberries and raspberries - slow releasing carb breakfast with some sugar to burn on the run.
 After the run today I had a Nature Valley Nut Putter Peanut butter bar before my shower then after I made scrambled eggs with 4 eggs and some smoked salmon.


Plenty of protein packed lunch and plenty of water. An apple as a snack before my dinner. Then for dinner I'll be having rice with plenty of veg and meat maybe some steamed fish.

Got to make sure I'm eating the right amount of carbs and protein to keep my energy up especially with the long runs. It is both scary and exciting training for this marathon and it will be all worth it in the end as not everyone can say they ran a marathon in 4 hours!(hopefully)


No comments:

Post a Comment