Saturday 5 January 2019

Cocktails


Went to East River last night for cocktails with Sarah. Obviously we went to the gym before and went home to have some food then got ready to go out. We got there for 8pm. Downstairs was quite full when we got there.

We ordered our drinks and the bar and sat upstairs, there was only 2 people up there. As the night went on it got really busy and full both up and downstairs.

Sarah got the Soho Spritz - Tanqueray / Cocci Rosa / Watermelon / Lime / Coconut Water / Mint / Spritz

I wanted the Coney Island Cooler - Ketel One / Lemon Sherbert / Vanilla / Raspberry / Whites / Soda.
Didn't have any raspberry so made
Catalina Wine Mixer - Lillet Blanc / Zinfadel / Elderflower / Rose Syrup / Lemonade. Instead of wine it had prosecco. I ended up swapping with Sarah as I preferred hers.


Sarah then got the Electric Kool Aid - Tanqueray / Cherry and Pomegranate Soda / Citric Acid / Blue Pineapple Foam


I got a Sex on the Beach with orange and pineapple juice as he didn't have cranberry juice but it was fine I think I preferred it!


The manager recognised me from when I went the other week with Holly and blogged about their Bagel Brunch. It's always nice when I get recognised and knowing people actually read my blog but I don't tend to go back to places for people to recognise me.
Thanks for reading my blog!

He was really nice and came over to check we were having a good night and suggested we try the Mile High Clover. We were thinking of getting it but they didn't have raspberry so we didn't order it but he said he can make it with strawberry instead so we said we'd try it.




Mile High Clover Club - Pink Gin / Cocchi Rosa/ Violette / Strawberry (Meant to be Raspberry) / Lemon Juice / White's


It looked really cool and fancy but it was so strong! I only managed a couple of sips then it just hit me so I gave it to Sarah to finish and even she thought it was strong. Then she had a double rum and coke as well. I managed half of each of my cocktails. I really can't hack drinking at all. I think I'll stick to smoothies that's definitely more my kind of drink!


We had a really nice night, it's nice to have a proper sit down catch up and not just seeing each other in the gym but then I've not really seen Sarah that much over Christmas as she's been working nights in Camp and Furnace.


Went to the gym this morning sweating that alcohol out ready for a 8 km run tomorrow morning to get marathon training properly started!



No comments:

Post a Comment