Sunday 7 April 2019

18 miles


18 miles today has got to be the hardest run so far, I really struggled today. I don't think the distance got me today though I think my calf more. It felt so tight about 5 miles then when I got near 15 miles my knee started to hurt and I thought it might have been game over and that my left leg was done in. My knee eased a bit towards the end of the run but my calf was just tight till the end and still is now.

My legs are so achy right now and running on the way back I was like don't think I can run more than 18 miles can I just cycle 20 miles next week just to know what 20 miles is?? It has fully taken it out of me I feel knackered and drained.

I ate so much yesterday though which kept me going. I went the gym in the morning and did a crossfit circuit on my own, a bit of abs and did 10 mins on the spin bike. Then went for lunch with Holly. Got a smoked salmon and fried egg bagel but it was basically a snack as I was still hungry after it. (Post about where I went to come).

I went round to Jo and Rich's and just ate everything they had in cos I was still hungry. We watched the grand national and I won again! Last year's winner Tiger Roll was favourite to win but I didn't believe it was going to happen as they never do but Holly told me to and I knew I'd kick myself if it won and I didn't put it on. I put Bless the Wings for obvious reasons and I had Tea for Two in my work's sweep so spent £10 on bets as I did £2 each way. Tiger Roll made history and actually won! I was gutted last year for not putting more money on but only put one horse on. I spent more this year and basically won my money back and a bit more. I won £16 as the odd's for Tiger Roll wining was only 5/1 but hey it's better than nothing.

Later on in the night we went to the Maplewood Chinese in Warrington.


 We got a banquet - chicken and sweetcorn soup, appetisers - spring rolls, prawn toast, chicken and sweetcorn parcels, crispy won tons, ribs, then half a duck. 


Got 2 scallops each. We were full and physically couldn't eat no more like I felt sick but still had fried rice, fillet steak and chicken so just ended up bagging it taking that home. We did eat quite late. Fully carbed up for today's run I didn't feel hungry after it like I did last week. Didn't even feel hungry at all today even though we burnt so much running that much today and for so long.



3.5 miles mid week. Angie actually ran with us today for a bit but she wasn't running the full distance so didn't get a photo with her.

19 miles next week.. Unsure whether we are doing to do that as 18 today has fully killed us off so let's see how the rest of this week goes and we'll go from there..


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment