Sunday 14 April 2019

19 miles


19.75 miles this morning was an absolute killer. 6 weeks away now - 5 training weeks and I'm really feeling it. Just got to keep pushing and going. I'm going so slow which isn't ideal but I'm just trying to get the miles in. My ankles are really sore so I can't even go fast even if I wanted to and the goal of doing it within 4 hours is slowly fading away. I just need to rest but feel like I don't have the time to as it's getting closer. 

No-one believes me when I say I'm retiring from running after this but I really am. Long distance running is draining and tiring. I think we're going to call today 20 miles and work our way back down now and work on trying to speed up as I really can't do the marathon at the speed I'm going now otherwise I'm never going to finish never mind do it within 4 hours. 

I am struggling but I've still got a bit or time sort of to train and sort myself out. Going to see a physio is definitely a start!


3.2 miles on Wednesday night was actually a slow one as I was still recovering from last Sunday!

On Friday night we went to Tai Pan for Jo's birthday as her birthday is on Tuesday! There was 11 of us and we ordered so much food. But it actually all got ate, only a bit of noodles and duck got took home but everything else got demolished!



Chicken feet of course!






It was nice to have a catch up with everyone out of the gym and carbing up for this morning. Didn't actually eat that much yesterday though. Went to Ikea for lunch with Jo and Rich and didn't really eat anything else the rest of the day. Only had a bit of rice and broccoli for my dinner as I was full from eating 15 meatballs from Ikea so I was surprised I wasn't hungry running that far this morning!

Didn't eat that much today either, had some rice, chicken, broccoli and sweetcorn post run then had pesto pasta, with chicken, spinach, sweetcorn, broccoli, sun dried tomatoes and avocado for my dinner tonight.


Spending the rest of the night icing my legs with bags of peas and watching tv not moving as my legs are tired!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment