Monday 15 April 2019

Chester


Had a little day out to Chester today. We went to Cheshire Oaks first then ended up in Chester. Cheshire Oaks was busy as kids are off for the Easter holidays. The Nike shop was disappointing nothing good but the queue was all around the shop. Clearly we got there late and missed out as Rich wanted to get some stuff but it wasn't worth waiting in the queue for. All the shops were rubbish as well but me and Sarah did get a Mac Velvet Teddy lipstick in the first shop we went to. Some discount cosmetics shop.


Sarah has never been to Chester before so it was a little day out for her - not that there is much to see in the town really. We went to Cafe Rouge for some food. We did actually go into Bella Italia first but the waitress was really rude and we weren't feeling the food so just walked out after we ordered the drinks and told them to cancel them as the service was crap.

We were the only people in Cafe Rouge though which was weird and there was only one woman waiting on. So we were expecting the service to be perfect.


I got the Pea and Mint Tortelloni - with tomato tapenade & watercress garnish

It was actually really nice and I was starving so just inhaled it. It was cold but I still ate it I was that hungry. Told the woman and they ended up giving me another one as I said I wanted to try it hot but it still come out cold so not sure what's going on there as they apparently tempered it before they brought it out the second time. I could have had a full bowl of it really I enjoyed it that much. 


Rich got the Seasonal soup - Lentil and Minestrone


Sarah got the Grilled veg and halloumi baguette - grilled peppers, courgettes, aubergines and halloumi, with smoked harissa hummus and coriander cress with sweet potato fries 


Jo got Poulet Breton - roast chicken surpreme with mushrooms, courgettes, leeks and a herb & wine sauce with sweet potato fries instead of mash


Rich got the Steak baguette - sliced black Angus rump steak with red onion chutney, and Dijon mayonnaise


I got the Salmon - oven baked with asparagus, samphire, crushes new potatoes and Cafe de Paris Bearnaise

The salmon was nice wasn't dry at all. The asparagus was a bit dead though but felt like I couldn't really moan any more otherwise they would have spat in my food. I didn't like the sauce but luckily I didn't need it. 

We got 2 for 1 with Meerkat Meals so it worked out only £12 each which was good. We just drove back after, went home and got changed to go the gym to do a quick hour training chest. My legs are still sore from yesterday's run though and did spend the day walking everywhere so I should have a good night's sleep tonight. Can't be bothered with going to work though but back to reality tomorrow.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment