Tuesday 23 April 2019

40 mile bike ride


Went on a 40 mile bike ride with Jo on Sunday. My ankle is still sore and I wanted to cover miles still so we decided to go on a bike ride. We had to double what we would run so we decided to cycle into town then get the ferry over to New Brighton. The first ferry was at 10am but we wouldn't make that so aimed for the 11am one but ended up missing that one too and ended up on the 12pm. 









It cost us £6.40 each to get the ferry. We got a Walrus card that cost us £1 then £5.40 for an all day pass to use the ferry and any other public transport.







Getting the ferry is definitely the best way to see the waterfront. The weather was perfect for it 23°C. The ferry only takes 20 minutes to get to Seacombe ferry terminal. Then it was quarter mile down to New Brighton so we just cycled down. Once we got to New Brighton it was packed full of people. So many people were having picnics and bbq's. Fully Brits abroad.



We stopped to have an ice cream which was a rip off £2 and all you get is raspberry sauce and don't even get sprinkles no more! A 99 is actually £2.50 if you want a flake!

We carried on cycling and ended up stopping at Wallasey embankment as Rich rang to say he was at the docks. So we flew back to catch the 3pm ferry. Turns out neither of us can really cycle straight and I'm not a confident cyclist at all. I can't cycle on sand and I nearly fell off the bike at least 3 times! We got back to the ferry terminal at 3 thinking we'd missed it but turns out it was due at 3:20pm. Once we got back Rich and Billy were waiting for us and Rich got us another ice cream...






Jo got some fish and chips and we had to cycle back. My back and bum were so sore but the ride back was so much easier as it was more down hill. Going up hill actually kills your quads and it's so much easier to run up Woolton Hill than it is to cycle it!

Eventually made it back at 5:45pm I was meant to be going to nanny Wing's for dinner at 6pm but turned up an hour later as I needed to get a shower and wash my hair.

It was such a good day out and the weather was ideal for it. It would have been a real struggle to run in that heat but when you're cycling you're going a lot faster so you get the nice breeze even though you do get sweaty still. The only thing I hate is the sore bum and back which is still aching now! Not ideal having a boney bum! Definitely need to do it again in the summer. The weather this weekend has been amazing even though I did do overtime on Friday and yesterday I still had plenty of time to enjoy the sun and top up my t shirt tan!





Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

All photos were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S9 phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment