Sunday 3 November 2019

Niagara Falls

Saturday 24th August 2019



Finally Niagara Falls post! Been looking forward but also dreading writing this post because again I took too many photos. Never going to learn! But it's the I don't know whether it's blurry so it's better to take more just in case! I didn't really manage to narrow it down that much but this is the best I could come up with as it was amazing and the photos I took look really good but then also don't do it justice. 

When I went to Canada about 20 years ago when I was just a kid with my parents we went and I do remember getting wet and possibly going in the dark? So we did take spare clothes in the car in case we got wet.

I decided I was going to zip wire as I've never done it before and needed to tick it off my bucket list but more about that later on...



Toronto Power Generating Station














Mad how you can go on a ferry but would get absolutely drenched! The red ponchos are from the Canada side and the blue from the American side across the water.










So I booked to zip wire at 2pm. I went up on my own and left Tracy and Chris to wander around. It was $43.59. They were on a wind break as it was too windy to let people go. They were waiting for 15 minutes of no wind before they could send people down. You got the option to wait it out or get a refund.


















I went up and waited on my own and there was about 20 people before me waiting to go. As time went on people kept dropping off and giving up on waiting. They were saying it would probably be 7/8pm before they were going to be able to send people down. About 2 hours later I went and stood at the edge and could see Tracy standing by the tree we were at before I went up and realised I could get WiFi there. I tried to ring her to explain what was going on but she was waving her hand and phone at me. No idea what she was saying then sent me this photo...



CHRIS PROPOSED!!! I was so shocked and couldn't believe it. We'd be speaking about marriage and stuff the whole time we'd been there and just didn't think he would pop the question while we were there. But obviously this was the perfect time for him to propose while I wasn't there which I was a bit gutted about but would have been awkward like. At first I didn't think the photo was real and was so confused by it. So I ran down to go see them.



Chris put more time on the car so I could go back up and wait it out. They went to get some food while I went back up and when I did they said I could go. So they strapped me all up and that was it I was flying down by Niagara Falls at around 6pm. It ended up just being me and this couple. It was amazing, loved every second of it. Wished it was longer as it went way too quick that I just couldn't take it all in! I'm so happy I can finally tick a zip wire off my bucket list and say it was done at an amazing place and not just some adventure park! I wish I had a go-pro as that would have been the perfect opportunity to have one.




Closest I was going to get without getting wet in a ferry!




When you get to the bottom there's a gift shop hut with all merchandise you can buy from and computers showing the video of you going down the zip wire. It was $25 dollars for about minute or so long video. It was good but not worth the money.
They take you back up in little buggy with a man playing this recorded tour to take you back up and get some nice pictures.




(The wonky helmet is annoying me too)





After I met back up with Tracy and Chris and did a photo shoot of Tracy's hand for her...








Clifton Hill


While Tracy and Chris were on the hunt for food they found this... They didn't even end up getting any food as I did my zip wire so they had to come back to get me.









It was mad - just wasn't expecting it and had no idea about this place. It was like Universal/Blackpool in one. If Tracy and Chris didn't go looking for food while I was waiting to zip wire we wouldn't have ended up knowing about here at all as it was hidden away down. We didn't notice while we were driving towards the falls and as this is on the opposite side so we weren't looking that way. We went into the arcade and played a couple of games.












It was so busy just people everywhere considering the falls are busy too.

We walked back to the car as the sun was setting.











These photos look like we've been photo shopped into them but I swear we we there and I've not edited any of these photos that were taken on my phone! (Samsung Galaxy S9)







  



  





Those that have been following me for years and my Instagram will know I love a good sun set photo.

Had the best day - was probably the best day of the holiday. Annoyed that I had to wait actual hours for the zip wire but there was nothing that could be done about it that I'm glad I did wait it out and eventually got to do it because it was worth it. And I know Chris is glad I waited it out as he managed to get rid of me long enough to propose without me being a third wheel! Congratulations again Tracy and Chris - your wedding next!

It was dark by the time we drove back and I was just tired and wasn't hungry no more so just got back and went to bed.




All the photos were taken on my phone - Samsung Galaxy S9. No editing or filters all photos uploaded straight from my phone.

Theses are the photos I took from my camera Nikon J2














Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment