Saturday 2 November 2019

Flight Nite


Went out with Sarah and Jo last night to Camp and Furnace for their new quiz night Flight Nite where there was 4 holidays up for grabs. One in the UK, a beach holiday, city break and the big one VEGAS!



In flight snacks - sweet popcorn, salted peanuts, Lotus Biscoff biscuits and skittles.






The aim was to win 3/4 but definitely wanted to win Vegas. You played on your own on your own phone rather than in a team. There was 4 rounds with 15 questions in each round that were multiple choice, had a fastest finger round where you could win a prize for the fastest person to answer. At the end of the round the top 3 had to go on stage and complete the challenge and the one who won the challenge won that holiday!

The first holiday was Wales which we didn't want and the fastest finger prize was an inflatable avocado which I really wanted! Second holiday was a city break to Rome which would have been so good! The fastest finger prize was pizza. The third was a beach holiday to Lanzarote - fastest finger was an inflatable plane suit. The last big prize was to Las Vegas!! The fastest finger was a helicopter ride which I think you did here but I'm not sure. 
It was hard as each round reset where as if you built up all the answers from each round I definitely would have had a shot. The Vegas round I actually did really well as I only got 1 question wrong which Sarah actually got right but she got too many wrong at the start so wasn't going to win it. I was playing for Jo as she couldn't see her phone or answer the questions. I should have answered two different answers for that one instead of answering the same for the both of us when I wasn't sure of the answer as one of us would have won it!

The girl that ended up wining the Vegas prize was from Portugal as well. Was fuming wanted to win that but I guessed she must have answered all the questions right to get on stage and win it. It was a good night but sad we didn't win anything. Would have been amazing if we won the trip to Vegas.

Sarah drove as she wasn't drinking and we did a Maccies run on the way home. For some reason I lost my voice even though I had 1 drink and didn't think I was shouting but must have as the first question for the Vegas round was along the lines of "Which Las Vegas band had the hit song Mr Brightside" which was obviously The Killers! (It should have been the fastest finger question as I well would have won that!) Then they played Mr Brightside so that could have been why I lost my voice... 


My throat didn't hurt I just had no voice.


Sarah's Birthday - The Elephant


It was Sarah's birthday last Saturday so went to The Elephant on Friday night for some food.





Jo got the Slow cooked featherblade of Beef - Red wine, roasted carrot, kale, clotted cream mash


Me and Sarah both got the Sea Bass Nicoise - Warm new potato salad, black olives, fine beans, soft poached egg

There was about 2 beans in it. No salad.


We got them to come serenade Sarah with cake - she hates us

Fun Friday nights which makes a change as I couldn't tell you the last time I went out.
Let's see what plans we have for next week!



Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment