Saturday 26 December 2020

Christmas 2020


Christmas at the Wing Johnson's this year. A lot smaller than the usual Wing dinner and so weird to not be with them all. This is only the second time I've not been at Nanny Wing's for Christmas as I spent Christmas 2016 in Spain with my mum, dad and brother. It just wasn't the same at all and I didn't like it. Sadly this year we had no choice, we just couldn't all meet up and be together even after the horrible year we've had.

It was the first time I got to meet Amelie who's now 2 months old which is mad as I would have seen her when she was 1 month she would have a party as Chinese tradition and probably a few times before Christmas if it was a normal year. I only seen Tracy once when she was pregnant and she hasn't even seen our grandma all year which is really sad as she's her first great granddaughter.

Amelie's first Christmas! She is so cute and really good I wish I could see her more!


How cute are her little Christmas tree socks!



Bella is such an attention seeker she would scratch my leg to stroke her.

We ate at 4:30pm and was starving as didn't have any breakfast. Tracy did tell me we were eating at 3pm!






Chris cooked - we had chicken, beef and gammon. So much veg, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire pudding just so much food but sadly no turkey! I say I like turkey but really though if you gave me chicken and said it was turkey I probably wouldn't even know the difference. Was so full after it but still had like 2 Costco cookies after dinner.




Annual cousin photo with added social distancing for 2020.

It didn't feel like Christmas but it was nice to be able to see each other and just spend some time together after the horrible year we've all had.

I hope you had a good Christmas even if it wasn't the usual! Sadly I don't get to see the other cousins this year but hopefully will get to see them next year and things will be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment