Wednesday 23 December 2020

The Holiday



Our annual Christmas catch up.
This year we went to Birdie's bar and bbq in the Baltic Triangle to watch my favourite film The Holiday! Only we never watched any of the film it was just on in the background. We paid £5 per person deposit for a hut which has a table and benches with a TV. The £5 went towards the food and drinks so we basically just got to have a hut with a Christmas film on in the background.

We did secret santa again where we each picked a theme.

My theme this year was hand cream. Hannah got me a tub of O'Keefe's working hands, hand cream and a tiger bread baguette. Thanks Hannah! 
This is the theme now thanks to David last year getting me a different baguette. I'm getting a baguette every year as part of my secret santa.



Kelly's theme was home décor - I got her a giraffe photo frame and candle



Danielle's theme was Harry Styles - Kelly got her a Harry Styles print and photo frame for it to go in




David's theme was stationary - Danielle got him a pen, bulldog clips, notebook and water bottle that had some expletives on them




Hannah's theme was self care - David got her gin and tonic truffles and Cath Kidston hand cream




We all got food as you can't have an alcoholic drink without a substantial meal. Me, Kelly and Hannah got the festive turkey sandwich, Danielle got the pork but we split ours in half shared and David got the veggie option.


Both the turkey and pork were nice surprisingly!



We booked the hut for 4pm and we got it until the film finished at 6:15pm as they were doing another showing of a different film after. 
I went into town as I needed to get a few bits while the 4 of them went for more drinks at the Baltic Market. Town wasn't that busy managed to go to every shop I wanted to apart from Zara. It had a big queue as they started their sale early this year. Once I was done I met up with them and the 4 of us bar Hannah went to Asda to help David get his last bits of Christmas shopping. Also helped Danielle get her beige oven party food.

Very different Christmas this year I'm sure for everyone. No gathering at Nanny Wing's instead I'm going to Tracy's on Christmas day as she had a baby girl in October so this will be the first time I get to meet Amelie! A lot smaller but will be just as nice and a change from being at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment