Saturday 21 December 2019

The Polar Express


Our annual Christmas day where we go to the cinema and have food. We were back at Woolton Cinema this year to see The Polar Express. We went to the 11:30am screening which was full of kids and families. Me and Hannah have never seen the film before. I can't say I'm a fan of it and when it started I didn't get how it was a kids film as it was a bit creepy and wasn't that christmassy but did end up being christmassy towards the end.


After the cinema we went to The Coffee House pub as we had time to kill before afternoon tea at Coast. 
We exchanged our secret Santa gifts. This year everyone had a theme of what they wanted so their person had to buy them stuff from that theme they picked.

My theme was The Killers and or Bastille. David got me and this is what he got me...


He decided to go out the box and got me a book on serial killers and french themed things - French Fancies and a giant French baguette as Bastille the band is named after Bastille day which is France's national day which also happens to be the same day as lead singer Dan Smith's birthday - 14th July.

Not what I had in mind when I picked my theme and the baguette was a nightmare to carry round and needed explaining to people when I had it with me around the village.

I got Danielle - her theme was narwhal so I got her a narwhal mug which had a teddy in it from Dunelm. Danielle had Hannah - her theme was alcohol and holiday so Danielle got her a luggage tag and a green lime margarita cocktail set but didn't have enough in the budget to get her tequila. Hannah got Kelly - her theme was sloths so she got a mug, notebook and blanket that all had sloths on them. Kelly got David - his theme was alcohol and he wanted a pack of cards so Kelly got him a bottle of alcohol from Lithuania where she was at the weekend and a pack of cards. She also made him flapjacks which was an in joke we have.

Afternoon tea at Coast



We got a mix of smoked salmon and cucumber, egg mayonnaise, ham and mustard and cheese and pickle sandwiches.


Got scones with jam and clotted cream, Victoria sponge and we weren't sure what the other cake was. Like a sticky toffee/syrup cake.

Afternoon tea was nice. I wasn't fan of the ham and mustard sandwich - definitely don't like mustard. The cakes were alright too.

After we just went to the loft pub to have a drink. Our Christmas day is always a nice catch up where we're all together and is a tradition now. Hopefully see them again after Christmas before the new year before they head back down to London! I also got the best Christmas card off Kelly.



Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment