Monday 30 December 2019

Post Christmas


I've not had a day where I've stayed in and done nothing since Christmas Eve. Every day I've been out seeing people. On Friday I went out for lunch with Sarah to Wagamama. I've not seen her in ages as all she does in work. She was actually in work after we met up.


Sarah got the cod ramen.


I got the teppanyaki yaki soba but in soup. This is what I usually get but I get it with udon noodles from the teppanyaki but I didn't want something that was fried. I asked the waiter who had to ask the chef and ask around. He came back and said it was fine but they didn't know how it would turn out. I said it would be fine because with noodles you can have it dry or in a soup. I did ask for udon noodles but they did it wrong and gave me yaki soba noodles which was fine I didn't want the hassle of the food going to waste.


I did take a photo of Sarah with her food but I clearly mustn't have as there is no photo which is really weird and never happened before.


I went home and later on in the night I met up with Kelly and Josh in Woolton Village. I met up with them in Pickled Olive where we had a drink then went over to Nowhere but it was packed so we walked back out. John Kelly's brother came to meet us and we ended back in Pickled Olive as it wasn't as busy and had another drink. Then we went over to the Elephant for a drink. We ended up in one of John's mates family parties down the road. (Kelly knows him too). I wasn't even drinking as I had my car and didn't get back till 1am. It was a weird night but it's always nice to catch up with Kelly as I won't see her for a while now!


So I made waffle mix on boxing morning before I went to the match when I made scones to make them in Tracy's as she has a waffle maker but there was so much food we didn't end up making them so she asked me to go back yesterday to make them.

Good job we didn't make them on boxing night when everyone was around as it was so messy. It just over flowed out as the maker wasn't deep enough to hold it all in when we didn't even fill it up that much! I'm so glad I don't have one as I would probably use it once and realise the mess and never use it again as it was a nightmare to wash. Definitely going out for waffles and not making my own or someone else can make and do the cleaning up.

They turned out alright but the recipe I used was a bit rubbish they weren't really sweet you have to have it with something but I guess you wouldn't really eat them dry. The mix ended up making quite a few so I used up all the mix and brought them home to just toast them to warm them up. They taste alright once they're toasted like they've just been freshly made.

This is is it for the year! It will officially be 2020 after tomorrow. The year has flown by - I feel like I've done loads but also haven't like there was so much more I could have done. I did run a marathon, go to Canada and a cruise - which I need to finish posting which I will eventually... Hope you've had a good 2019 and an ever better 2020!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment