Sunday 5 January 2020

Alanya

Day 2 - Alanya - Turkey



Stop 1 - Alanya Turkey.. in the rain. Night 1 was not the best start to the cruise as we were moving in the night to get here it was so noisy and the sea was really rough that it felt like I was sleeping on a roller coaster/really bad turbulence on a plane. I just couldn't sleep, slept about an hour altogether. I don't sleep well as it is when I'm not in my own bed but that just didn't help at all.

 I'd been checking the weather the past 2 weeks or so before we were going away and it was saying rain everyday at every place we were going to. I was hoping it was lying to me as I was struggling to pack so badly as how do you even pack for rain when it's still warmish?? Packing for it to be cold or hot is easy but rain just completely threw me off even though it rains all the time in Liverpool - you'd think I'd be fine. I could have stayed at home really for rain. It was pouring down and was pretty cold. We had breakfast and went for a walk round Alanya.




From the ship





This was so creepy






Every where was dead as Turkey's tourist season ends in October. It just looked miserable in the rain and can imagine it to be so nice when it's hot and sunny. We needed to go some where in doors to stay dry. So my dad took us to a shopping centre. Well it was just shops inside nothing worth looking at.





Wannabe Hollywood in the hills sign









It was really annoying as when we got to the shopping centre it stopped raining then on the way it started to pour down. So we just went back to the ship and didn't stay out for long. There is a castle you can go to but we just couldn't be bothered walking around anywhere. The rain just ruined it! So we went back to have lunch in the restaurant downstairs.


A dog?


BBQ chicken wings


The fish had no taste and the broccoli was horrible as it was frozen. The mash wasn't great either.


Green tea fondant with vanilla ice cream. This was so nice wish I asked for another one! They had it in the buffet upstairs but it wasn't as nice.
















Annoying as it stopped raining!



Great Wall of China inspiration?





Sailing away for stop 2


Soup


Different fish - again no taste and frozen broccoli. You'd think I would have learnt from lunch but I thought I'd give them another chance but that was it didn't order fish again.


Fruit!

Photos from my Nikon J2 camera














Alanya was nice it was just a shame that the weather was rubbish and we just couldn't make the most of it. Turkey is 3 hours ahead but every where else we were going to is only 2 hours ahead so the ship was staying at that which got a bit confusing when we were going for food but at least it meant you couldn't get back to the ship late if you were following the time on your phone where it changes automatically on its own.

Can't say the weather got much better for the next stop... Marmaris.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

Some of the photos were taken with my Nikon 1 J2 camera while others were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S9 phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment