Saturday 28 December 2019

Boxing Day

Everton v Burnley
Thursday 26th December 2019



I got to go to the Burnley game on Boxing day with my Uncle Mike and Brandon as my Uncle Ray couldn't go. It's been a while since I've been to see Everton. I've still yet to see them lose so was hoping my luck was still going strong and with Carlo Ancelotti's first game as manager it was going to be a good game!

I only got asked on Christmas day if I wanted to go to the match and already said I was going to bake scones to take to Tracy's and make waffle mix as she has a waffle iron. I had to get up early to make sure they were all done before going to the match. I got picked up at 1pm as kick off was at 3pm.











The weather wasn't great it was that horrible drizzle where you just get wet. Because my little cousin Brandon has a season ticket my Uncle Ray and Mike have moved to sit in the family enclosure. They used to sit in the Lower Gwladys Street end but there's just too much swearing there. These seats are good dead close can see all the players. You just can't see the right corner flag as we were sat closer to the left side. Less shelter being low down and we did pretty wet.

At the start the atmosphere was a bit quiet as people weren't sure of the new manager but it did pick up. My luck continued as we won 1-0! Clearly I need to get a season ticket because if they win or draw every time I go to see them could actually win the league... Don't think I could do that every week though if it's raining. It's alright in the summer when it's dry but sitting in the cold and rain definitely isn't for me! I do love going to the match but being wet is a no.

Everton has just beat Newcastle 2-1! Good start for Ancelotti, just need to keep this up for the rest of the season.

After the match we went to Tracy's as she was doing a gathering at hers.


There was a lot more food than this but was too busy eating it to take a photo of it!



So annoyed this was the first batch which also happened to be the biggest but was over baked!



The next two turned out so much better. We had so much food that we didn't even end up making waffles so I'm going back to Tracy's on Saturday to make them as I left the mix in hers.

I have a new favourite board game now - The Logo Board Game. Me and Chris were against Tracy, Laura and Brandon and we smashed them. But then wasn't as good with Articulate. Shouldn't have stayed with Chris for that... 


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment