Thursday 12 April 2018

Leaf on Bold Street


Jacket - Zara Mens

Went to Leaf on Bold Street last night for a long awaited catch up with Danielle.
I didn't think Leaf did dinner food thought they only did breakfast/brunch. Of a night they do food and it turns into a bit of a bar.


We got iced teas - I got the mango one and Danielle got the passion fruit and orange. The mango one tasted like watered down mango. Danielle's one was nice.


I wanted to get the crab and prawn fettuccine but when I went to order they said they didn't have any! I was gutted and was stuck on what to get instead. The menu wasn't great and I ended up getting the pan fried chicken - chestnut bubble and squeak, creamed cabbage, pancetta crisp, honey and mustard dressing. 
It was alright the chicken was quite dry I probably wouldn't recommend and wouldn't get again.


Danielle got the crisp fried salt and pepper squid - Thai style vegetables, wild rice salad, sweet chilli and soy dressing which was a lot bigger than we were expecting! It was nice but there was a kick from the sweet chilli. Not what I would order cos it had chillies and coriander. Danielle's food came out well quick than mine if I got that first I would've probably finished it before the chicken come!

Leaf is a nice little place to go to but I wouldn't recommend going for food in the evening definitely more for breakfast/brunch!

It was nice to catch up with Danielle haven't seen her for ages and it turns out a lot has happened since we last met up. Most of it being on the blog and it was the first time she's seen me with green hair! Even though it's really faded now and not a great colour.

I went to see Bastille on their ReOrchestrated tour in Manchester on Tuesday night so that post will be up soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment