Thursday 20 December 2012

First Christmas Dinner of the year!

Dress - Zara (in the summer sale when I went to Spain)
Belt - Forever 21
Bag - Marc B (bought from Topshop)
 I also wore my mum's vintage black blazer with shoulder pads in
Holly did my hair!

Just a post of my outfit from last night. 
Me & Holly went to Oxfam's Christmas meal. We've both been volunteering at the furniture store on Smithdown Road since the end of July. We really deserved this meal as we work the hardest & do the most compared to everyone else especially when we had the old manager. (We only work on Saturday mornings but we still do so much more than others who work with us!) 
We both had the same thing, turkey with all the trimmings & strawberry waffle cheesecake with cream. The roast was alright but the gravy wasn't nice as I'm really fussy I only like the Maysan gravy & won't have any other & this was like water far too thin for my liking! The cheesecake wasn't that nice either we both like a super thick biscuit base but this was like paper thin & I don't like cream! But we both did manage to finish it all but left the cream.

Everyone was offering to buy us drinks which was nice but we felt bad so only had 3 drinks each. They were all pretty drunk, we were the only sober ones. Our manager bought some raffle tickets they were selling & gave stripes to us & I won the first number 521! I had to go to the bar & choose a box numbered 1-10. One of the prizes was £50, then there were bottles of wine & crisps! I chose number 5 well Holly did & I won a bottle of Prosecco! I've never won anything before so I was so happy! But it was horrible so the bottle got passed round to everyone. Another volunteer from Oxfam also won on the raffle but he got a packet of crisps. No-one won the £50 it was in box 10!
We decided to do the pub quiz & we won! Team Smithdown woooo! With a bit of help from our friend Google just to double check on some answers that we already knew just weren't too sure on.. The prize was a £20 bar tap so everyone got a drink & the manager Ashley paid the extra.

So overall we had a good night as I'd never won anything before, or a pub quiz! Sadly for them me & Holly are taking a break as we have coursework & exams & won't be working until February! Don't know how they're going to cope without us as we do everything for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment