Thursday 31 January 2013

Thrifty Thursday #2 - Outfit Of The Day!

So it's the first week back to uni after the Christmas break & exams (First & last exam last Thursday). Well I only had a lecture on Tuesday & today was the 2nd day with another lecture. Seminars don't start till next week. I don't like my timetable this semester as I don't have any days off & the times of things are a pain & have 2 9am starts! But hopefully I can move one of my seminars & have Mondays off! 
I think I'm going to enjoy this semester more as the modules I've chosen seem a lot more interesting & have better lecturers. But we'll see how long that lasts...

This is the outfit I wore today in a very very windy Liverpool! We get rid of the snow & ice & have gale force winds now.. The weather really has gone mad! Windswept & not interesting at all! Scared I'll get blown away & struggling to walk anywhere! I guess I should have worn a hat today!



Leather Jacket - Matalan (3 years ago)
Jumper - Topshop (Last year)
 Denim Shirt - Levi's from Oxfam
Moto wet look coated skinny jeans - Topshop (Last year)
 High-top Converse - Mum brought from Hong Kong (last year)
Bag - Zara (Christmas Sale)
Necklace - Topshop (Sale)

The denim shirt is Levi's which I actually got for free from Oxfam. As me & my friend Holly volunteer there. There was bags & bags of clothes but as we work in the furniture store we don't sell clothes, we had to go through the bags to see which could be taken to the clothes store to sell or get taken to recycling that wouldn't sell. We were allowed to keep anything we saw & liked & I picked this shirt as I've been looking for a denim shirt for ages & it's Levi's. It is pretty big as you can see it hanging out of my jumper but the sleeves aren't that long. I'm not sure whether it's meant to be a men's shirt or women's as the buttons go from left to right like men's shirt but the collar is really tight even when I button it up & I have a skinny neck! 

The necklace is actually chain braces from Topshop which I got in the sale for only £1.35 which was meant to be £18.50! I've spent far too much money on the Topshop jewellery sale as everything is £1.50 which is like 80% off the original price which I've been eyeing up & couldn't afford!

I've got to brave the wind again to go the radio :( (That's if I make it to the bus stop without getting blown away!)
I'm on 6-7:30pm. Which you can listen to live on 99.8fm (if you live in Liverpool) or 
This week we're talking about Buy British, how we should be helping the economy by buying British products, food, local businesses etc :-)
 If you tweet me @Juki_W I can give you a shout out on air tonight, if you want to get your voice/opinion heard!

Julie
XxX

2 comments:

  1. i love your hair!! i cannot for thelife of me perfect a good quiff! :(
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) I'm surprised how well it actually stayed it definitely isn't like this everyday especially as I'd washed my hair in the morning & it was so windy out!
      XxX

      Delete