Friday 7 June 2013

Gabby's 20th Manchestaaarrr!

It was Gabby's birthday yesterday so me Holly & Holly's boyfriend Joe went to visit her in Manchester as that is where she is living at the moment for uni! It was actually the first time I've been to visit her this year, oops I'm a rubbish friend...

Yet again the weather was amazing, warm & sunny! A bit of sun always makes the day better!

Vegetarian Chimichenga
I wouldn't recommend this, it wasn't that nice & it was spicy which I wasn't expecting! I do recommend the mushroom fajitas which I've had another time I've been!
Gabby hates attention
Armani
Wasted return train tickets & coach ticket
Shirt - American Apparel Sale last year
Llama Print Pinafore Dress - Topshop 
Shoes - Converse Mum bought from Hong Kong last year
Bag - Zara Sale
Sunglasses - Mum's vintage Ray-Ban Wayfarers

Holly's outfit
Top - Topshop Cami
Daisy Print Jeans - Topshop Leigh
Shoes - Dr Martens
Bag - Pin Up Girl Clothing

This is actually the first time I've worn this shirt since buying it from the sale last summer. I bought it then changed my mind & didn't want it but stupid American Apparel have a no returns policy which is stupid! I tried to sell if but no luck so gave in & just had to wear it!

We got the train & arrived at Manchester around 1:30. We went to Gabby's halls then went out to China Town, to the Chinese Bakery then went to the Arndale food court where Holly & Joe got a Taco Bell & Gabby got Subway. We sat for a while then went for a wander around. I finally got my ears pierced again! After wanting to do it for years. We had to watch a little baby girl get her's done. She must've only been about 1? But she was hating it so much, just kept moving & refusing to do it & took ages to do. They did eventually pierce her ears after like trying for 15 minutes but I don't think they should have because she was so distressed & started crying! Poor baby but it doesn't hurt to get your lobes pierced which is why I have each ear pierced 3x! I would love all my ear pierced but my pain threshold is non existent! :(

We then headed back to Gabby's halls, while Gabby went back to freshen up, we went to Tesco to get her a birthday cake to take to the restaurant. We waited for all her flat mates then we all walked to town to go to Las Iguanas. Gabby booked a table for 15 for 7:30 we didn't get there till 8. Our waiter was really snotty & horrible. At the end of the meal you get a card to give your opinion of your meal & visit so one of the girls says he was a twat which he was!

After the meal Me Holly & Joe had to run to the train station but we missed the last train! It just left as we got to the platform! So we had to walk to the coach station & get the last coach back & get a taxi home. Which meant we had to fork out another £7.10 for the coach then £3 each for the taxi home. Right now my bank balance is killing me I really didn't need to waste that extra £10! :'( But at least we did make it home but not till after 12:30!
I don't think I should go to Manchester via train as the last trip I took there last year to visit Carl didn't end well either but I'm not gonna go into that.

Anyway the weather is meant to stay nice over the weekend but rain on Tueday! Need to make the most of it as summer never lasts long in England!

Julie
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment