Tuesday 15 April 2014

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014





Photos are from the Victoria's Secret Facebook 

So you should have heard by now that Victoria's Secret Fashion Show this year is going to be in London!! The first time it's come to the UK!

Keep you diary free for 2nd December 2014 Earls Court!

Adriana & Candice were in the London Flagship store on Bond Street this morning to revealed the news to the world's media. They were joined by marketing director Ed Razek. He revealed the brand has hoped to bring it here since 1998, but "Candidly, we weren't well known enough here until we opened the stores. We have six store in the UK now."
He also let a secret out that he told Cara Delevigne a few days ago & asked her to save the date in the hope she will walk it. 

The two angels also discussed that if Prince Harry has a front-row seat is he wanted one. This year's theme is black tie which will be exiting to see how they will style it! It is going to be the biggest show yet as the audience will be almost 3,000 compared to the usual 1,000. 

I have to admit I've not actually been into a VS shop or own anything VS... But I'm pretty excited for it to be happening in London & might even try to get myself a ticket to the show, if not at least try to be in London for it to stalk Candice & co!

I was listening to Radio 1 last night on Mondays 9-10 they have BBC Radio 1/1Xtra's stories. Last night was called Colour on the Catwalk which was really interesting. (I only caught the last half an hour last night & listening to it again now on iPlayer. You can listen to it here) It was really interesting to hear how the fashion industry in quite racist but it starting to get better as I have noticed a lot of Chinese and black models have started to emerge. I personally believe that people who are mixed race are very lucky and are extremely good looking so don't understand why where there is a race issue. There is obviously all different raced people in the world why do they only need like white, blonde haired models to show off their clothes or brand? It just doesn't make sense, they surely would have realised by having diversity it does actually branch out to a wider market to make it more representative?

I could go on debating this but I think I'll leave it for another post as I'm still trying to do my dissertation which is no where near done so I need to save my arguments for that. 
Also whilst listening to the show I learnt that the fashion is the second largest employer of people in the UK which I didn't ever think about or realise. But I guess there is a lot of different roles with it, photographers, designers, directors, models, magazines, stylists etc it is actually endless!

Julie
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment