Saturday 12 April 2014

Work's going well as always...

Baked Blueberry Cheesecake

So I should be doing work I'm not going to lie today was a complete write off. I went to the gym in the morning, came back walked Frodo, had a shower, washed my hair then came onto the laptop to start work & my dad said he was making roast chicken so did I want to bake these cheesecake while the oven is on so I did. Then watched Britain's Got Talent & writing this now so yet to start any work!

I'm not really a fan of cake mixes as being an avid baker I prefer do it all from scratch following a recipe but we got a few of these cheesecake mixes & crème brûlée from Asda as they were reduced to only 20p I think it was so we thought lets just give them a try. I made a baked vanilla one a while back & a strawberry one where you just chill it in the fridge. We still have 1 baked blueberry, 2 strawberries & a crème brûlée mix.



You get 3 packs in the box, dried blueberries, blueberry cheesecake mix & biscuit base but I'd already opened it before I could take a photo!
All you need to add to the mix is cream/soft cheese, milk & butter.



I've mentioned this baking paper in my previous baking posts as it's defiantly the best baking paper I've ever used. There's no need to grease it with butter or oil before & your cakes or anything you use it for comes off so easily with no mess! I think it's like £1.20? I'm not sure but you can search for it online or go in store to find out how much it is cos it is worth it!


I added 50g of soft unsalted butter to the biscuit mix


Then pressed it onto base once it was all mixed together


Emptied the cheesecake mix & added 200ml of cold milk & then whisked it for 1 minute



Once it was mixed together I put the whole tub of soft cheese (300g)



Then added the dried blueberries





Baked it at 200°C for 30mins in a preheated oven. 

It actually looks terrible which is my dad's fault cos I was going to use a loose bottom cake tin but my dad told me to just the lid of the pyrex dish so it just doesn't look like a cheesecake at all! I let it cool & now it's in the fridge chilling to eat tomorrow.

Yorkshire Puddings

For dinner we had roast chicken so I wanted Yorkshire puddings. How can you have a roast without Yorkshire Puddings & gravy?!

We had a bag of batter mix which is super cheap only like 8p from the supermarket. 
Get a 12 cup tray you use to make fairy cakes or muffin tray is better as it's bigger but a normal sized fairy cake one will be fine. Put a tiny bit of oil into cup then put it into the oven at 200°C until it's smokin hot. 

Empty the batter mix into a bowl & whisk 1 egg



Then slowly whisk in 200ml of cold water to the mixture until it's smooth. Take your tray out once it's smoking & pour the mixture evenly into each one.

Put in the oven at 200°C for about 25/30mins until they've risen & have turned golden


They didn't rise very well I think cos I didn't fill each one enough but then I wouldn't have enough. They were still yummy though!

Now starting on getting some work done but I don't think I'm going to get very far! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better work day, well it has to be cos I'm running out of time!! 

Julie
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment