Monday 11 August 2014

Family Weekend



Leather Jacket - Matalan
Top - Danielle gave to me from New Look Kids
Necklace - Mango Via New Look
Pants - Given by cousin from H&M
Cutout Boots - Zara

With this crazy hurricane passing through I had to wear pants & the leather jacket is back out! I'm hoping it goes away quick & that it gets warm again especially for Friday when I plan on queueing super early to see The Killers to make sure I get to the front!

Last night was the first Wing family get together since Gary & Kirsty's wedding party which was over a month ago now! Can't believe how quick it's gone I've been back from Florida for like nearly 2 months. How I wish I was there now :( 

We went to Uncle Ray's house for the first time for dinner, he's had this house for ages but only recently moved in with Christine. It was really nice being together & going somewhere different other than Nanny Wing's house. 


Of course Christine had some baked goods for us. These were like minced pies, with toasted almonds which were really nice.

She's going to teach me how to make egg tarts which you will have seen on my Christmas post which were the best! I've been thinking about them ever since & need to learn to make them myself!


Ray made a baked white chocolate cheesecake which we didn't know he could bake! It was really nice & he made his own strawberry coulis to go over it.

Kirsty had a pretty good idea that we should do like a family bake off competition but we already know who the winner will be! Unfair competition that is. 

On Saturday it was my dad's birthday so I made him a sponge cake. I used the ingridents & measurements from Mary Berry's Victoria sponge cake recipe but didn't follow the instructions hoping to end up with a lighter sponge cos it was the all in one method which I don't think works that well so was kinda watching a video I found on youtube whilst just doing my own thing!


I turned out alright but would have been better if I had 2 small shallow dishes to bake it in. Because I think the bottom is still a bit raw.




I also baked fairy cakes. The first batch is from a mix my mum bought form B&M which was only 49p meant to be £3.99! She only bought it cos it had to pipping bags in it. The second which is massive cos I overfilled the cases were my own recipe I use. I think they were nicer, the mix tastes a bit like caramel & is very chewy compared to my own which is very light & fluffy.

The Great British Bake Off was back on last weekend & on BBC1 due to how popular it got. I'm loving it! Haven't got a favourite yet but I think I will by this week.
 I wish I could bake like them but I've cut down on the baking this year as it wasn't doing my 6 pack any good baking cookies every weekend! Definitely not getting one with all the baking. But it's still something I love doing & will experiment as I prefer making things myself rather than shop bought due to it being healthier. 

Julie
XxX
Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment