Saturday 16 August 2014

The Killers O2 Academy Liverpool

Last night The Killers played at Liverpool's O2 Academy to a crowd of 1,200 as their warm up gig for V Festival this weekend. I was so lucky to get tickets I couldn't believe it, I got tickets at 9:01!! & It was probably the easiest gig tickets I've bought. 

I got there at 3:45pm to queue but people had been queueing from 5pm the day before & were camping out! I was annoyed as I'd just missed them when I got there. They got there around 3pm for sound check while I was on the bus into town!

They were due on stage at 8pm but didn't come on till 8:30pm & finished at 10:20pm. I thought it would be later like 1
11pm since there was no support act it was just them.








 These were taken on my phone LG Nexus 4

I waited an hour & a half after the gig to see them but apparently Brandon left on his own in a taxi to meet the others later. Which I'm slightly annoyed at the fact he didn't come out to see us while we'd been waiting out in the cold for them but after 10 years he is still so shy. I still love him though.

Ronnie eventually came out at 11:50pm & only posed for photos then Dave came out at like 12:05am & actually stopped to sign stuff & photos. I didn't get a chance to get a photo with him as I had to get the last bus home otherwise I would've been paying £20 for a taxi home on my own when the bus is £1.80. I got a video of him but didn't take photos.













Love his leather jacket!
Saint Laurent Contrast Biker Jacket which is £3,361.60 !!





























Taken on Panasonic Lumix DMCFX-07

My photos aren't as good as I hoped as the memory card I used was pretty rubbish & really slow when I wanted to take photos straight after each one. I didn't take as many as I usually do. I took 185 & 9 videos both on my phone & camera. I didn't get as close as I wanted either it was the furthest I've even been. I had 5 people in front of me & a very horrible girl next to me who was on her own. I was jumping along just like everyone else & like knocked into her by accident  then she full on elbowed me! I really wanted to just punch her or say something but I just wanted to enjoy myself & was hoping to get front of her but sadly never did!

It was so good seeing them in such a small venue compared to when I seen them in the arena even though I was closer. Brandon looked so comfortable & looked like he was enjoying himself so much. It was amazing to be able to share a room with them, one of the best bands ever, who are so much better live.

 2 songs in Brandon said “What’s up Scousers? We’re a band called The Killers from a place called Las Vegas.” I don't actually think there was that many scousers there listening to people talking in the queue most seemed to have travelled from somewhere else. In some of the photos you can see 2 guys wearing union jack jackets & they're at the front of nearly every gig if you watch youtube videos you'll see them at the barrier!

Considering Brandon said "This might be the best crowd we’ve ever played to" I was really sad he didn't come out to see us. They came out to The Beatles All You Need is Love and started from Under the Gun. It was a 19 song set with a cover of Creedence Clearwater Revival’s 'Bad Mood Rising'. They did a 4 song encore & finished with Mr Brightside! 

I would call myself a Victim (what the fans are called) but compared to other people I don't think I can say I'm exactly number 1 fan as there's loads of people going to V festival today or tomorrow to see them & I even over heard someone was at the gig last night, going to V tonight, then going to Glasgow & flying to Belfast to see them which is crazy! I'd love to know how they can afford that & have the time to do that. I'd love to say if I had the money I'd follow them everywhere but then I don't know whether I would. I will definitely be seeing them again hopefully very soon & of course I'll be there if they ever come back to Liverpool!

You can see the setlist here on NME's website.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm


No comments:

Post a Comment