Thursday 29 January 2015

Frodo

Today I had to say goodbye to my little Frodo after nearly 8 years of adopting him from the RSPCA. Adopting him was one of the best things we have ever done & can't believe he's gone & isn't ever going to be coming back. When people say losing a pet is like losing a family member it really is but so much harder since they can't talk or tell you anything even though dog's are suppose to know when they're going to die.

I actually thought he died yesterday morning as I let him out in the garden & he usually barks when he wants to come in but he never. I opened the door to check where he was & he was just lying on the grass so I carried him in & cleaned him up & put him on his blanket. I was having my breakfast & for 10 minutes he was just lying there still breathing but didn't move then he just got up & was perfectly normal as if nothing happened & ran upstairs to his bed. Also before we went to bed last night he was acting strange & threw up but was fine after so we thought he's alright but when we got up he was gone. 




















He must've been like 15 years old which is 105 years in dog years which is crazy! When we got him they told us he was around 4/5 years old but people kept telling us he was probably more 6+ so we're surprised how long he has lived & the fact he could still walk, run, go up & down the stairs by himself, eat & do everything at that age! Some days he was a bit weak but then would be fine. When we got him I was only 13 the day after my little brother's 10th birthday. Crazy how he's been part of our life for so long & can't remember what it was like without him. It still hasn't sunk in properly but the house feels quieter & so weird. I didn't want to be in work & then I didn't want to come home cos I knew it just wouldn't be right, when I walked through the door I didn't have Frodo there to run & greet me.

Since November I decided I'd take a photo of Frodo everyday as I'd seen all things where people have posted a photo everyday to see how things change over time then in December I posted them onto my tumblr these were the last photos I took of Frodo yesterday.




My absolute favourite photo of Frodo ever from Christmas this year. Mum catching it at the perfect moment. I'll never forget your Frodo & miss you so much I wish you could have lived at least another 2 months so we could have celebrated your 8 year anniversary with us! I hope we gave you the life your previous owners never gave you.

Instagram

   

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment