Friday 16 October 2015

Balmain X H&M

Yesterday the full Balmain X H&M collection Lookbook was released. It will be available on bonfire night the 5th November 2015. The collection doesn't look like a special collaboration made just for H&M, it looks like high end Balamain that you would see on the runway which Olivier Rousteing has mentioned himself. He wanted to create pieces that everyone could afford. He created the collection for his followers on his Instagram who comment saying they would do anything to be able to own a piece of Balmain. 

His signature embroidery & beading can be found in the collection back to his original first collection for Balamin. The pieces look expensive & unique.


Want this jacket & belt!



Want this leather jacket!




















I really want the beaded jacket in the first photo which was first seen on Kendall Jenner when she wore it Billboard Music Awards. Jourdan Dunn also wore the outfit in photo 10. I really want a leather jacket & expect both of the jackets I want to be over £100. I think I would be willing to pay that for a Balamin real leather jacket as it would probably cost £1000+!

I'm not a fan or all the velvet (I think it is) as I can't touch it! There's also a lot of suede for the 70s look that's still going on.

This collection is definitely going to be more than the Alexander Wang collection they had last year the fact they've done the same detailing as runway Balamain! This isn't a cheaper high street alternative that's for sure. I think everything will probably be £100+ but it will still definitely sell out in no time with people flogging it on eBay.

You can read the interview Olivier Rousteing did with Vouge here.
GQ also has the full men's collection here

No comments:

Post a Comment