Friday 30 October 2015

Breakfast/Brunch

Yesterday I went for breakfast/brunch with Holly & Gabby. Holly's home for the week from Nottingham as she's got a reading week in uni. I also happen to be on half term from college. 

We were meeting for 10/10:30 in town but Gabby as per usual was late & didn't arrive till 10:45. We went to Leaf on Bold Street. I thought 10/10:30 was late for breakfast & that places stopped serving it then but turns out it's brunch served till 12.


Eggs Royale
Smoked salmon, poached eggs & hollandaise sauce. Served on a toasted English muffin - £6.95


Poached eggs, mashed avocado & roast tomatoes on toast, extra mushrooms - £5.50



Cinnamon toast with crème fraiche & mixed berry compote - £6.25

Considering we were waiting for Gabby for a while I still couldn't decide what I wanted once she arrived. I couldn't decide if I wanted scrambled or poached eggs. I wanted 1 scrambled & 1 poached but they wouldn't let me ask so I ended up with poached. I've had hollandaise sauce before but couldn't remember if I liked it or not so asked for it on the side. Turns out I do like it!

Gabby wanted pancakes but they said they'd ran out! How can you run out of pancakes?? It's the easiest thing to make & with only 3 ingredients, flour, egg & milk! I could've made some for her! She ended up getting cinnamon toast as she wanted something sweet. The bread was so thick like slices of cake. It was nice, tasted like cinnamon swirls & the berry compote was nice too.

This is probably the second time I've been out for breakfast apart from being on holiday. It was nice to be out super early when town is empty. Will have to do it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment