Wednesday 20 December 2017

Jersey Girls


Last night I went to The Elephant pub quiz with Holly and Becky. It was Holly's birthday on Monday - officially a quarter of a century old grandma! Becky's currently in Liverpool working - it was nice to see her again after seeing her when I visited Holly in Nottingham!

We had pizza which we thought was 2 for 1 as they usually do every Tuesday night but apparently cos it's so busy in the run up to Christmas they're not doing it this week! Not like they're not making enough money as it is! I got the hoisin duck pizza, Holly's got the pesto chicken & Becky got a burger.



So much rocket!! Forgot to tell them to not put it on - as I was too busy telling them to not put coriander on it! The pizza wasn't great - it was like the pizza topping on greasy naan bread. I couldn't even eat the whole thing it was too much.


I was on the mocktails - strawberry daiquiri without the alcohol as I was driving. The Elephant is only up the road from my house but I was meeting them later as I went to the gym and didn't want to walk home on my own in the dark!



Photobombed!

Holly booked a table and they sat us upstairs but we wanted to do the pub quiz that was only on downstairs. It was so full as it was the "Big Fat Christmas Quiz 2017" there were no seats or tables! Holly brought her giant iPad which we had to stand up with for the first 3 rounds until we eventually got a table. I came up with the name Jersey Girls as that's where Becky is from and was the first thing that came to me under pressure. 

I thought we were going to do alright since I've done so many Christmas quizzes this week but there was all different categories and as it's speed quizzing on an app it makes it harder. You've got to be quick and on the ball to pick up them bonus points to win it! We didn't win the quiz but we didn't come last at least - blame the fact we weren't prepared for it standing up and the questions were hard! The prize was 4 tickets for their New Years Eve Party which I was so up for as I need new years eve plans!

Hope you had a good night Holly and loved you presents! Hopefully you didn't wake up with a sore throat too!


No comments:

Post a Comment