Wednesday 27 December 2017

Boxing Day 2017


Boxing day at my cousin Sindy's! I drove down to Manchester with Lisa. We made a beef roast with all the trimmings. 













We made broccoli and cauliflower cheese, roasted parsnips, glazed carrots - Heston recipe, Heston potatoes BoulangĂ©re made our own Yorkshire puddings. All recipes were from online. It was like a little assembly line everyone had a job. Wearing a white shirt wasn't the best idea but I didn't know we were cooking and apparently Sindy doesn't own aprons??


It was so good but by the time the food was ready I wasn't even hungry as I pretty much ate a whole bag of of propercorn sweet and salty to myself. Christmas has clearly gone to my head who is this??


Little Rufus watching us cook.


It was nice to catch up as I haven't seen Lisa or Jess since China last year! Jess lives in London but Lisa lives in Liverpool but we just don't really catch up. Sindy's mum, dad, brother Thomas, girlfriend and nephew Alex and Jess' boyfriend James were all down. We played a round of Articulate after dinner which is actually my new favourite game. It was so good but hard. Sindy was rubbish on the people round she didn't know anyone! We definitely need to make this a tradition and do it again next year!

I had to leave early as I was back in work today :(
Don't even know why work was open I just didn't want to do any work! But was looking forward to being back in the gym. Did a 6km run in 39 minutes around Woolton then trained chest with Jo and Rich. 12 week countdown to the half marathon!


No comments:

Post a Comment