Saturday 13 January 2018

Hot Yoga

I went to Hot Yoga with Holly on Saturday morning at Happiness Yoga in DW fitness Hunts Cross. Holly goes every week and got my a free day pass to try it.

It was my worst nightmare being super sweaty and hot. I was dripping with sweat. I wore shorts and my legs were sweating! At the end I had to lie on my back and relax but I couldn't cos I was so uncomfortable. I feel like I've lost like a stone in sweat. 

The yoga bit was good but not the hot bit - it's like doing yoga in a sauna. Not sure I'll do it again but apparently it gets better and you get used to it the more you do it. I'm glad to say I've finally tried it. Couldn't wait to go home and shower!



This was after - no filter when I'd cooled down a bit and wasn't dripping with sweat no more. The less clothes you wear the better. A bikini wouldn't be a bad shout it's that hot in there. Holly told me after cos we turned up last that we were right under the heaters! Like I needed the extra heat. 

Doing yoga is really good especially as I do a lot of intense work outs and running a lot for the half marathon I need a good stretch and to relax. I used to go yoga every week but I've not been able to go as it doesn't fit with having a full time job sadly! There needs to be a weekend morning yoga class so I can go!

Bit of a set back with marathon training. Only done 9 runs and it's 10 weeks to go today. I wore my Nike Free Runs which were the wrong trainers to run in. (I'm trying all my gym trainers to see which ones I'm going to wear.) I wore them on Tuesday night but I knew they didn't feel right but just kept going. They didn't give me the support I needed and the inside of my left foot where the arch is was really sore the day after - it hurt to even walk. So I've not ran since Tuesday night! Sticking to my Nike Air Zoom Pegasus now and need to catch up to get them miles in.

Today's run was a bit of a struggle I could feel that I hadn't ran since Tuesday but just kept going. Did 12km in an hour so it was alright just need to make sure I don't have any more set backs!





No comments:

Post a Comment